Sponsored by:

AMS Test.. AWE Exhaust vs 911tuning Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 07:04 PM
markski
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will officially respond this thread in the following:
The owner ordered a quiet version no drone with 100 cell cats( he was told that it will be 2.5" ID piping) which in my opinion is good for 600 crank. He said the car on pump will make low 500s.... I offered a racy version with bigger ID and possibly catless but he chose the version not I nor AMS. He then asked me if I can deliver it in 4 days to the shop thats 1 hour away on saturday morning. I actually stopped production and made it on time delivered by me personally. A month goes by I get an email from the owner that he wants a full refund because the exhaust did not pan out, I asked what happened- he sent me pics of the exhaust showing blown cats on the inside and dramatic heat exhaustion of the X. I asked him to have them send it back. We looked at the cats they were dislodged from the housing which was probably the reason for the poor results. I contacted the cat manufacturer showed him the pics which after he concluded that they were abused by un burned fuel( at least the leading cause). Now, a car that never seen the street just dyno time with that kind of physical abuse is suspect in my opinion. Thus it turns out that car ended up with Tial alpha 28s and from what recent tuning kit options they released Im guessing this was the ginny pig for HI boost high HP application. All this was unknown to me... had I been told I would never sell this version to this client. I would recommend a full 3" catless of course. The owner made a statement on 6speed saying that there def. was a misunderstanding. Furthermore, being that they and I are in the same city one would figure professional courtesy via a phone call to remedy the situation. Yet, the company went public bashing my products for no reason. If a Jap car tuner wants to get in the P car market I suggest doing it on their own merits instead of someone else's reputation. I ran 9s in my P car 5 years ago and held the 60 to 130 record for 3 years... not sure I have that much to prove since it has all my parts on it...
Did I say that I gave the client a full refund?
Please take a look at our 997.1s performance below and tell me if this exhaust held anything back.

Regards,
markski
911tuning

thats a pic of the X when I received it ... these exhausts do not look like this after 2 years running let alone a month on a dyno...

our own 997.1 with A3076s and the X exhaust... 870whp and very TQ-ee...

and here is the 1/4 video just at 15 psi a month ago...

Last edited by markski; 06-08-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:27 PM
strato58
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 72 Posts

Looks like the original poster likes to throw around lots of BS....looks like his "truth" is jaded .... don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the 911tune in my car for a very short time but it was good enough to know that 911exhaust is a really good exhaust... i sold it to a guy in Dubai and he is very happy with it

Quick Reply: AMS Test.. AWE Exhaust vs 911tuning Exhaust