997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone looking for a 2012 Turbo S?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013 | 04:50 PM
phillipj
Drifting

You just recently got that car correct? I smell a new 991 TT perhaps?
Old 05-22-2013 | 04:53 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

You smell wrong Phillip. Read post nr 10.
Old 05-22-2013 | 09:07 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Ferrari then?
Old 05-23-2013 | 01:11 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by phillipj
Ferrari then?
Ferrari or an affair... the two are quite similar I hear.
Old 05-23-2013 | 01:34 AM
LewisB
Instructor

I'd been looking at the new 991 GT3 and some 997 GT3 and GT3RS cars.

I've loved the 997TTS. Great car in many respects. I drove the bejesus out of it in 10 mos.

I did, however, become bored with it. It's quiet. Wicked fast no doubt. Takes twistys like its on rails. it's almost too luxurious.

On top of that, I despise the new styling and the direction Porsche has taken with the 991. Their pushing the same things our without any real change in plan is boring. first the regular and S 991 then the 4 and 4S...and so on. Most every new fangled thingamajig has come from some other company. They are no longer thinking out of the box.

If you've read this far...you deserve the rest of the story!

I had a date last week. To ensure that we made it to the Sausallito film Festival on time my date suggested that she drive part way. She wanted to meet in a restaurant parking lot and leave her car. "It's near the Ferrari place." Oh brother. Being the get-there-early-type I had plenty of time to take a peek in the showroom. Made a friend with the salesperson. The next day I drove a 458 Italia. What a beast! TTS and 458 same aroudn the ring and 0-60 times butthere was a difference in the two. The Ferrari was infinitely more visceral and one knew he was driving a sports car! I was going to buy one but it was a little tight of a fit for my garage. So, I took a look at what I felt was the most impressive looking car on the whole showroom floor. I drove it two days later. Same feeling....visceral, lively, engaging, requiring FULL attention.

So, I made a deal. I take delivery Friday.

2009 430 Scuderia. It was a Garage Queen having been driven only 1080 miles in 4 years!!! But.....I'm gonna drive the wheels off it!!

Damn expensive date, huh?!?!
Attached Images  
Old 05-23-2013 | 01:54 AM
richk
Drifting

Nice pickup the scuds are alot of fun...do you mind sharing what the dealer gave you for the turbo s? I am in the market but I want a cab.
Old 05-23-2013 | 07:54 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by richk
Nice pickup the scuds are alot of fun...do you mind sharing what the dealer gave you for the turbo s? I am in the market but I want a cab.
Post #10 gives you a range and he said dealer was at the low end.
Old 05-23-2013 | 10:56 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Nice. I picked up my TT from the Ferrari dealership and the salesman got me interested in the Italia. Time will tell. In the mean time I enjoy my ride. Enjoy your new 'date' and keep us posted.
Old 05-23-2013 | 11:44 AM
CBejbl
Rennlist Member

Congrats on the Scud!
Old 05-23-2013 | 02:05 PM
LewisB
Instructor

Originally Posted by CBejbl
Congrats on the Scud!
Gives new meaning to the term thrown about when I used to fly..."scud running".... can be a dangerous endeavor!
Old 05-23-2013 | 06:15 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
Ferrari or an affair... the two are quite similar I hear.
That is awesome!
Old 05-23-2013 | 06:20 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Congrats on the Scud. We have an 09 16M here at the shop that have driven on a few occaisions.

It's an awesome car. I am so glad to hear that your actually going to drive it! If I had one I would drive the crap out of it. It would make all the Ferrari owners so mad.. You're not supposed to drive them lol!
Old 05-23-2013 | 07:29 PM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

From: North Carolina, '12 cls63 '14 S550V4, 07TT-gone, 07Targa4S-gone

Originally Posted by LewisB

I've loved the 997TTS. Great car in many respects. I drove the bejesus out of it in 10 mos.

I did, however, become bored with it. It's quiet. Wicked fast no doubt. Takes twistys like its on rails. it's almost too luxurious.

On top of that, I despise the new styling and the direction Porsche has taken with the 991. Their pushing the same things our without any real change in plan is boring. first the regular and S 991 then the 4 and 4S...and so on. Most every new fangled thingamajig has come from some other company. They are no longer thinking out of the box.

I had a date last week. To ensure that we made it to the Sausallito film Festival on time my date suggested that she drive part way. She wanted to meet in a restaurant parking lot and leave her car. "It's near the Ferrari place." Oh brother. Being the get-there-early-type I had plenty of time to take a peek in the showroom. Made a friend with the salesperson. The next day I drove a 458 Italia. What a beast! TTS and 458 same aroudn the ring and 0-60 times butthere was a difference in the two. The Ferrari was infinitely more visceral and one knew he was driving a sports car! I was going to buy one but it was a little tight of a fit for my garage. So, I took a look at what I felt was the most impressive looking car on the whole showroom floor. I drove it two days later. Same feeling....visceral, lively, engaging, requiring FULL attention.

2009 430 Scuderia. It was a Garage Queen having been driven only 1080 miles in 4 years!!! But.....I'm gonna drive the wheels off it!!

that's bonkers to have such a car and only put 1080 miles on it!
what a weird (previous) owner!!!

hope you have a lot of fun in it!
Old 05-24-2013 | 07:01 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Congrats on the scud!
I too had a 2011tts, lasted 8 mos, boring as hell. After the first month I stopped using the paddles and manual mode, just stuck it in D like the rest of the drones commuting....I went back to a 997.1tt 6mt, much more visceral than the tts.
Old 05-25-2013 | 12:31 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LewisB

Great Ferrari.
You need to talk to NJ-GT here on rennlist. He has more time on a Scuderia then some teams have on challenge cars.... His car is fast and reliable. Would recommend you perform some of his must do mods.

Quick Reply: Anyone looking for a 2012 Turbo S?