Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My ecu is flashed by Softronic today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 03:09 AM
Silver997TT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My ecu is flashed by Softronic today!

WOW is all I can say! I was hesitated to get a tune now or later as I get bored stock power since I just got my car. But I decided to get it now and I couldn't be happier that I did it. My car is totally different animal right now. It pulls so much stronger and it seems to be smoother when normal driving. Even without sport mode on, the throttle response is better than stock sport mode. When sport mode on with full boost, it reaches all the way to 18 psi on stock boost gauge. It is simply amazing! Now I understand why people always recommends exhaust and the ecu flash. It should come like this from the factory. I'm going to dyno my car next week and see what she makes. I will post the result with the video. Stay tuned!

P.S. Softronic said the redline is increased by 500rpm so my redline is now 7k. Is it safe to reach 7k rpm?

Here is the pic of flashing the ecu at my garage. It took only 2 minutes!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:49 AM
Zero Cool
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And so it begins........

I went with the same tune as well. Loving it.....
Old 03-31-2013, 10:55 AM
drvik
Advanced

I recently went down the same path after getting curious with an off the shelf tune. I had been working with Kevin to get one of his datalog based tunes and got this in the meantime for comparison sakes. I wasn't expecting much for an off the shelf tune but I have been pleasantly surprised. The stock OEM software will only give you a fleeting glimpse of 1.0 or 1.2 bar, whereas the tune will lock it in at that boost and hold it there as the revs climb. The effect is outstanding! As the OP said, this is how it should have come straight out of the factory, now I understand why people recommend a exhaust + tune as first mods. Looking forward to getting a chance to do some data logging and seeing if there's anymore room for Kevin's magic though.

Cheers,

drvik
Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice! What exhaust did you get?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:14 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Silver did you go to the Dyno?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:19 AM
drvik
Advanced

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Nice! What exhaust did you get?
Leo, I got a Europipe 1 because I have a tip. Honestly, if you read enough of this forum, you will see that the EP is very popular. The reason is, they are simply technologically very good, and crafted by hand. You will not read a single bad comment about Europipe. Some on this forum have been through 3 or 4 exhausts before finally giving in and spending the money on an EP and loving it. If you can afford it, and you want the best without wasting cash on a titanium Akra then just get the EP.

You will enjoy the beautiful deep grown of the engine, the whistle of the turbos coming in at 1600RPM, and full boost kicking in around 2500RPM...

I made a youtube clip of stock vs EP1 back to back without a break in the recording (997.1tt stock vs europipe)... can I suggest if you haven't already, then go have a listen as it demonstrates the gain very accurately. Oh, and listen on some decent speakers, preferably with some sort of sub.

Happy modding... it's definitely fun!

drvik
Old 04-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by drvik
Leo, I got a Europipe 1 because I have a tip. Honestly, if you read enough of this forum, you will see that the EP is very popular. The reason is, they are simply technologically very good, and crafted by hand. You will not read a single bad comment about Europipe. Some on this forum have been through 3 or 4 exhausts before finally giving in and spending the money on an EP and loving it. If you can afford it, and you want the best without wasting cash on a titanium Akra then just get the EP.

You will enjoy the beautiful deep grown of the engine, the whistle of the turbos coming in at 1600RPM, and full boost kicking in around 2500RPM...

I made a youtube clip of stock vs EP1 back to back without a break in the recording (997.1tt stock vs europipe)... can I suggest if you haven't already, then go have a listen as it demonstrates the gain very accurately. Oh, and listen on some decent speakers, preferably with some sort of sub.

Happy modding... it's definitely fun!

drvik
I'm already planning on getting Europipe 1 but let's not talk about exhausts in here because that's the best way to ruin a block in a 997 TT forum

hahahaha

Quick Reply: My ecu is flashed by Softronic today!