Sponsored by:

Walters Porsche Riverside

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Tin Chee Lee
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walters Porsche Riverside

They have a 997 Turbo White on Black for sale; Anyone know that vehicle? Anyone have any direct contact to a manager that can move the pricing closer to KBB? Thanks,

Decisions decisions.... 997 GT3 or 997 TT...
Old 03-20-2013, 04:33 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Tin Chee Lee
They have a 997 Turbo White on Black for sale; Anyone know that vehicle? Anyone have any direct contact to a manager that can move the pricing closer to KBB? Thanks,

Decisions decisions.... 997 GT3 or 997 TT...
Sorry...KBB is not the market. Good looking car though.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Tin Chee Lee
Advanced

I know, its been a challenge.. But close to KBB I'm good with. Hey.. I just sold my 01 TT currently Pending for this Friday for KBB =(
Old 03-20-2013, 05:25 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts

As far as helping you decide between a 997 GT3 and a 997 Turbo, the answer for which car to buy is very simple.

1) How much time will you spend at the track with the car?
2) How much time will you spend on the road with the car?

You should buy the car that meets the purpose of how you plan to use the car. It really is that simple. A GT3 is rough, loud, stiff - and is all those things for the benefit of track driving.

The Turbo is much more suited to road/city purposes.

I've never understood anyone who buys a GT3 and doesn't use it on the track. It's like buying a pair of work-boots to go jogging in.

Buy sneakers to go running.
Buy work-boots to stomp in the mud.

Buy a Turbo for the street.
Buy a GT3 if you're gonna spend a lot of time on the track.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Tin Chee Lee
Advanced

Itll probably see 3-5 track days a year.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:09 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts

Itll probably see 3-5 track days a year.
Hmmm, I would still say Turbo UNLESS:

If you're the type of driver who is gonna change his wheel/tire setup for a track event... Then you would probably be the type of driver who would benefit from the GT3 performance/comfort characteristics and mind not mind so much, the discomfort of the GT3.

If you're the type of driver that is gonna use a street tire on a street setup, then you're still probably more suited to comfort of the Turbo.

But that's just my opinion.

My 993 is setup for the track. Stiff clutch, suspension, loud, etc. It's fun as hell at the track and I enjoy driving it around the city from time to time... But my passengers aren't so happy. It's a rough ride. And I certainly wouldn't want it to be my daily driver.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:26 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

great looking car, i'm on the other side of country and was checking it out.. i think it's a few grand high.. but of course they have to go high cause people counter lower.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:28 AM
Boeing 717

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Line
As far as helping you decide between a 997 GT3 and a 997 Turbo, the answer for which car to buy is very simple.

You should buy the car that meets the purpose of how you plan to use the car. It really is that simple. A GT3 is rough, loud, stiff - and is all those things for the benefit of track driving.

I've never understood anyone who buys a GT3 and doesn't use it on the track. It's like buying a pair of work-boots to go jogging in.

Good post.

I considered a gt3, its a badass car but after driving one I realized its just to raw for my taste. Very happy with a Turbo its very comfortable and with the sport button it kind of turns into a gt3 if you want it.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Tin Chee Lee
Advanced

Originally Posted by rijowysock
great looking car, i'm on the other side of country and was checking it out.. i think it's a few grand high.. but of course they have to go high cause people counter lower.
They wouldnt take 76k. As close to asking is their response.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:47 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

They wouldnt take 76k. As close to asking is their response.
these CA dealers are crazy, i just made a cash offer on a vehicle and they came back $500 off listed price..

i understand $500 is a good amount when comparing it to wine/food.. but $500 off a 140k car.. is nothing.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:57 PM
SBTT
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Walter's is especially crazy. I bought my 07 TT from them, and my daughter bought a Cayenne from them. When I called them to order my 2012 TTS they offered me $60K for my 07 with 15000 miles, and in MINT condition. What really hurt was when they said they would only take $500 off MSRP on the TTS. I had 2 other dealers offer $5000 off MSRP without trying. Never buy another car from them. Wound up getting a 918 Edition TTS from Circle Porsche, and they treat you like you expect to be treated. NO, I didn't order a 918, just fell into this one
Old 03-21-2013, 07:10 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Line

I bought work boots for running. I also watch GT3-RS youtube videos while driving my turbo. Go figure.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:15 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SBTT
Walter's is especially crazy. I bought my 07 TT from them, and my daughter bought a Cayenne from them. When I called them to order my 2012 TTS they offered me $60K for my 07 with 15000 miles, and in MINT condition. What really hurt was when they said they would only take $500 off MSRP on the TTS. I had 2 other dealers offer $5000 off MSRP without trying. Never buy another car from them. Wound up getting a 918 Edition TTS from Circle Porsche, and they treat you like you expect to be treated. NO, I didn't order a 918, just fell into this one

They sound like Rusnak here in Pasadena. Total A holes. 60 for your car.. Gotta love that...
Old 03-21-2013, 07:29 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

my favorite is when they tell you:

"the market is tough and having a bad effect on the value of cars, so we can only offer you $xx"

then they turn around and want full sticker cause "well the market doesn't affect these"
Old 03-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Tin Chee Lee
Advanced

Or they tell you; its a really Hot car and there are multiple inquires on the vehicle. I shove it back into their face and go unless its sold, I don't care. Lets work a deal. Either that, or my sales guy aint aggressive in getting me the best deal. I understand that they have had the car there less than a week. It looks like I'm going out of the state for this one.

Quick Reply: Walters Porsche Riverside