Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 2007 911 Turbo [11k miles]

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 11:18 AM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the exact colour combo I am after right now. I wish it had more miles....so it could fall within my desired price range

Beautiful car!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:18 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by 07_RS4
This is the exact colour combo I am after right now. I wish it had more miles....so it could fall within my desired price range

Beautiful car!
Either pay now or pay later....

I would rather pay now and get a car that has been well taken care of, has low miealge and also has the color combination that I want.

Spring is around the corner so don't wait, ACT NOW ...
Old 03-07-2013, 03:35 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rotesAuto
that is one smashing car! the color is so close to meteor huh?
that is close to what I paid at a dealer for mine: had just under 14K
on the ody.....
still can't believe I paid more for my used Porsche than I did my brand new, configured E550 back in 2010!
these cars hold value so well
It's funny how perspective can be so vastly different. I bought my car brand new, paid $130,000 for it. Have kept it garaged, low miles, still smells new, etc.

At $82k, it has dropped nearly $50,000 in value and it'ss still practically brand new.

You say you can't believe how well it's held value. I say, "I can't believe this car, in this condition, is worth $50,000 less than I paid for it." LOL...
To me that's massive depreciation.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:07 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
Either pay now or pay later....

I would rather pay now and get a car that has been well taken care of, has low miealge and also has the color combination that I want.

Spring is around the corner so don't wait, ACT NOW ...
Exactly give the man an offer and see what happens.

Clean car GLWS.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:44 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Originally Posted by eurotom
Exactly give the man an offer and see what happens.

Clean car GLWS.
Oh no... Please no Canada buyers. Lol...

When I was selling my X5M I had a few buyers from Canada fishing. I was giving a really good deal on the car.
Had a Canadian buyer who wanted the car at my asking price. Over the weekend got a second offer from a US buyer at nearly $5k less and I passed on the US buyer.
The Canadian buyer backed out when he did his diligence on the effort it takes to bring a car north. Car being held in customs for a month, etc.
The buyer backed out and the US buyer bought another car (with higher miles, less options) while I was waiting on the Canada buyer to get his ducks in a row.

It's hard to explain, but it was a lease trade in and I had equity in the vehicle. I was out of time.
It didn't pay for me to buy the car, hold it, title it, register it to maximize the sale. Sold the car to the dealership for much, much less.

In other words, the Canadian buyer lost me a significant amount of money.

The only way I would consider doing another deal with a Canadian buyer at this point would be with a non-refundable deposit.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:02 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

^^ LOl, intresting story.

With the **** LED and carbon fiber products coming from there, several other forum members are also done with our neighbors from the North. (insert Arts comment)
Old 03-08-2013, 01:29 AM
jonoz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This kind of comment reflects poorly on this site

I have to respond to this.
I am a Canadian.
I purchased my 97 turbo sight unseen from a US dealer because of trust in a North American dealer.
I am extremely happy with my Porsche.
Several other Canadians I know bought from the US.
This slight on Canadians is completely unwarranted
This type of slur degrades this site.
Think about it.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:33 AM
jonoz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More of the same

FYI.....cars are not held in customs at all with the proper paperwork sent in advance.
It sounds to me like this seller did not spend the proper due diligence with his customer.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:00 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Originally Posted by jonoz
I am a Canadian.
I purchased my 97 turbo sight unseen from a US dealer because of trust in a North American dealer.
Think about it.
FYI.....cars are not held in customs at all with the proper paperwork sent in advance.
It sounds to me like this seller did not spend the proper due diligence with his customer.
Whoa, sorry there Canada. Didn't mean to rustle your jimmies. But truth is, that wasn't my only experience.
I got a number of calls from Canadians and usually they ask a lot of questions but have no idea what the laws are regarding importing.
They probe and probe until they ultimately find out, while it's very doable, it does take some knowledge and time.
At which they time, they always disappear.

I'm happy to spend all day on the phone with other Porsche enthusiasts.. I'll answer any and all questions I can to any buyer.
-- For the record, my experience having been through this with Canadian buyers is not one that would prevent me from selling a car. But I will not hold a car for anyone out of the country without a non-refundable deposit.

It's not my responsibility to lose potential sales while the uniformed gets up to speed.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Yep. It sounds like the Canadian buyer was a first timer or didn't use a broker. It's a very simple process, just some timelines to follow, t's to cross, i's to dot etc... The great thing about importing US cars is that the warrenty is good and you save around 10%, fully landed in Canada, under the equivelent Candian price.

So I wouldn't be turned off by a Canadian buyer who has the cash etc...
Old 03-08-2013, 04:07 PM
9LVN_TT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a Canadian.
Think about it.
I don't think B-Line meant to take a shot at Canadian's, atleast I didn't take it that way. I read it as us "cross border shopper's" tend to not being prepared in knowing what is required to bring a vehicle from the U.S. back to Canada. A huge waste of time on both ends if the interested party has not done their homework.

I totally understand where he is coming from. Many tend to jump the gun before looking into the details, despite what you read online there is more to it than functioning DRL's and some paperwork. We are attracted to the price because vehciles tend to be much cheaper state side however, we tend to overlook the additional cost to actually bring the car over and into our homeland.

B-Line - So you know, if I was to pursue your car I have everything lined up. Someone to pick it up, deliver to the border and perform all of the necessary check and balances to bring it into Canada for me. Thinking about your car for sure. I would offer a non-refundable deposit as security so that any time spent does not go wasted on your end, should the deal fall through. I have a few others I am looking at right now. Will keep you posted....otherwise GLWS...she's a beauty!

Last edited by 9LVN_TT; 03-08-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:56 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I wouldn't have any issue selling to a Canadian buyer, the conversion rate favors them right now anyway. I've had issues the other way, hassle bringing in a car.
C
Old 03-08-2013, 07:09 PM
B-Line
Drifting

07 RS4, you hit the nail on the head. Thanks for so eloquently explaining what I essentially meant.

I'm happy to see my Turbo go to a great home. If I didn't have such a bug up my butt about wanting to own my first convertible, I would never even consider selling it. But living in SoCal, it would be nice to feel the wind through my hair (or lack thereof...)

If you're interested let me know... And I probably should preface, I'd have less concern selling to a Rennlister. We are usually a pretty highly informed bunch of car buyers and sellers.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:44 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by B-Line
07 RS4, you hit the nail on the head. Thanks for so eloquently explaining what I essentially meant.

I'm happy to see my Turbo go to a great home. If I didn't have such a bug up my butt about wanting to own my first convertible, I would never even consider selling it. But living in SoCal, it would be nice to feel the wind through my hair (or lack thereof...)

If you're interested let me know... And I probably should preface, I'd have less concern selling to a Rennlister. We are usually a pretty highly informed bunch of car buyers and sellers.
GLWS looking forward to hearing about your new ride. Test drove a V10 Spyder before buying the Turbo. IMO Spyder is a must the lines are so much cleaner in comparison with the coupe.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Line

You are going to totally DIG having a drop-top. I had mine down twice today in the sunshine and cold air. Nothing like it!

Hope you enjoy the R8. I sat in one at the Ferrari dealership where I picked up my TT and just didn't relate to the interior. Each to there own. I'm still in love with the Porsche lineage. But who know's... right?

Have you driven the TT Cab?

Last edited by Zeus993; 03-08-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Quick Reply: FS: 2007 911 Turbo [11k miles]