Sponsored by:

Help: New TPMS not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:50 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by aa909
don't mean to thread jack but what is the best and most reliable place to buy replacement TPMS (I assume Beru) at a reasonable price. planning to replace mine next week

thanks
Art
If you want OEM - http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...=997S_wheelacc
Old 02-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Boeing 717

Received 262 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by aa909
don't mean to thread jack but what is the best and most reliable place to buy replacement TPMS (I assume Beru) at a reasonable price. planning to replace mine next week

thanks
Art
There are a couple of posts of guys using these and apparently they work great. My buddy just put them in his Cayman and also said they worked well. Great price and made in Germany so thats a plus

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/TPMS-Sens...ssure-Sensor_2
Old 02-07-2013, 01:02 AM
eric997
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently since I'm in Asia , my 997 uses the Asian verisinon of the sensors.
TPMSDIRECT was helpful and has promised to send the new sensors to me.
To that I take my hats off to them, great service guys.
Definately would recommend them to my friends. (Thanks Steven)
Hope the new ones will work.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:14 AM
512bb
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

You can check tirerack.com too. Their sensors work quite well and fairly priced and have a warranty as they source it themselves. I have been very happy with them.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:05 PM
irvinejay
1st Gear

Oh, No. I made same mistake.
First off, you will need to purchase the TMPS for 997 Turbo from the Authorized Dealer.
This unit reads, Load, Temperature, and the PSI. Which is very smart unit for time being at 2006-2009 . I had same problem with the unit. I purchased two from the Ebay and didnt' work,. I called them and they said, it should work, but it didn't.
Local dealer parts person told me that, you must get the unit from the Dealer and they have to scan in the Barcode number to the Vehicles ECU. of course, that will cost a lot of money.
If you know a shop who as has the ECU Programming machines that can turn your service light off, then they will know how to do it.
The TPMS Sensor is made by BERU. and on the Dealership Packaging, it comes with a Barcode for each units.
Even a local tire shop who has been in business for close to 30 years chouldn't figure it out, but Mike a Wicked Auto Sport (Van Nuys) knew right away, what needed to be done to get that annoying light off from my dash board. (It really took me an year of trail and fail)
Of course, you can take it to local dealership.
TMPS unit isn't cheap, but you must get it from the dealership.
I am not sure other 997 body, like C2 or C3 or GT3 uses the same TPMS, but if they do, you must get it programmed.

Jay
Old 06-13-2014, 10:32 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by irvinejay
Oh, No. I made same mistake.
First off, you will need to purchase the TMPS for 997 Turbo from the Authorized Dealer.
This unit reads, Load, Temperature, and the PSI. Which is very smart unit for time being at 2006-2009 . I had same problem with the unit. I purchased two from the Ebay and didnt' work,. I called them and they said, it should work, but it didn't.
Local dealer parts person told me that, you must get the unit from the Dealer and they have to scan in the Barcode number to the Vehicles ECU. of course, that will cost a lot of money.
If you know a shop who as has the ECU Programming machines that can turn your service light off, then they will know how to do it.
The TPMS Sensor is made by BERU. and on the Dealership Packaging, it comes with a Barcode for each units.
Even a local tire shop who has been in business for close to 30 years chouldn't figure it out, but Mike a Wicked Auto Sport (Van Nuys) knew right away, what needed to be done to get that annoying light off from my dash board. (It really took me an year of trail and fail)
Of course, you can take it to local dealership.
TMPS unit isn't cheap, but you must get it from the dealership.
I am not sure other 997 body, like C2 or C3 or GT3 uses the same TPMS, but if they do, you must get it programmed.

Jay
You don't have to buy the TPM sensors from the dealer - there are aftermarket alternatives that work just fine. Search and you'll find reports. You also do not need dealer to program the sensors. Call the guys at TireRack and they'll get you informed.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:31 AM
killingemsoftly
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just bought 4 new sensors for $184.00 from OE wheels LLC and you don't have to take to dealer they work just fine and why waste money buying from the dealer?? A hell of a lot more $$$ for what?
Old 07-26-2014, 08:18 PM
winbarani
2nd Gear

I had an issue when I tried Titan TPMS. I recently replaced by 07 Porsche Sensors with Titan TPMS and the Sensors randomly show 4-5 psi low in one of the tires. I did re-learn the system multiple times (Old sensor not being there and under inflating and over inflating the tires etc..) and nothing worked. Gonna wait for 1 more week and then planning to return Titan and get Beru OEM sensors. (But I saw other threads wherein Titan TPMS worked for other customers as good as OEM. May be my bad.)

(If anyone encountered the above issue, please share the details for trouble-shooting the same)

@ aa909 => Try OEWHEELSLLC. They are good in pricing and service.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Steamboat
Instructor

Originally Posted by winbarani
I had an issue when I tried Titan TPMS. I recently replaced by 07 Porsche Sensors with Titan TPMS and the Sensors randomly show 4-5 psi low in one of the tires. I did re-learn the system multiple times (Old sensor not being there and under inflating and over inflating the tires etc..) and nothing worked. Gonna wait for 1 more week and then planning to return Titan and get Beru OEM sensors. (But I saw other threads wherein Titan TPMS worked for other customers as good as OEM. May be my bad.)

(If anyone encountered the above issue, please share the details for trouble-shooting the same)

@ aa909 => Try OEWHEELSLLC. They are good in pricing and service.

All Porsche and Aftermarket TPMS systems are notoriously inaccurate and it varies wheel-to-wheel. Always rely on a good tire gauge.

That said, TPMS can offer a valuable service. Consider; tire pressure is properly 35 psi but TPMS registers a bogus 30. But, if the tire is going down and TPMS registers 15 psi and tells you there is a flat, is that any less important that if it tells you there's 20 psi and the same things is happening? Not so much.

But you sure wouldn't want to rely on it for track pressures or even those on a long road trip.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:01 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

I disabled mine via Durametric pro. when I get new tires then I will enable the TPMS. Agree with above.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:13 AM
hcliu
4th Gear

Default Help w ITM TPMS for 2006 997 Turbo in HK

Originally Posted by eric997
Apparently since I'm in Asia , my 997 uses the Asian verisinon of the sensors.
TPMSDIRECT was helpful and has promised to send the new sensors to me.
To that I take my hats off to them, great service guys.
Definately would recommend them to my friends. (Thanks Steven)
Hope the new ones will work.
@eric997, did you ever get your TPMS sensors from TPMSDIRECT to work on your 997?

I'm in HK too and have a 2006 997 Turbo. Dealer has previously installed 315MHz TPMS sensors in my car (Porsche part numbers 99760602301 and 99760602302). So I ordered 4 ITM TPMS sensors and asked them to program to replace Porsche 315MHz sensors. Have installed twice and still does not work. So am wondering if you ever got yours to work (or you ended up going to dealer and paying HK$10k for their sensors installed)? And if so, can maybe help shed some light on how and maybe some tricks you used to get them to work.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:39 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I forget where I got mine but they were Huf brand (orange color). It was my understanding that Huf is the maker of the OEM sensors, not Beru (although I vaguely recall Huf may have bought Beru company). A bit of driving the day I got them did not see them register, but the following day they kicked in and haven't had a problem since (~1 year).
Old 03-02-2017, 12:25 AM
LT1
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I had mine tuned to disable sensors. Sooo much easier
Old 03-02-2017, 02:25 PM
cam2008
Racer

Originally Posted by 512bb
You can check tirerack.com too. Their sensors work quite well and fairly priced and have a warranty as they source it themselves. I have been very happy with them.
ditto
Old 03-02-2017, 02:35 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

My 2006 997 Turbo uses 433mhz sensors. Perhaps that's the problem?

Quick Reply: Help: New TPMS not working