You are seriously dangerous..
Old 01-25-2013, 03:24 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
You are seriously dangerous..
LOL, I'm just reading his mind.

Art my suggestion if your front OEM lip is in good shape and you don't have any problems scraping out of your driveway, get it painted along with your rear valence.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:30 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by eurotom
LOL, I'm just reading his mind.

Art my suggestion if your front OEM lip is in good shape and you don't have any problems scraping out of your driveway, get it painted along with your rear valence.
agreed, but gonna wait until the car is lowered and see how the front lip holds up. The GMG springs lower by about 3/4" so it's not too aggressive, but I think the TA front lip is an additional 1" lower than stock, so that may be an issue in the hills where I live

FYI the Philips 6000Ks go in this weekend, i just couldn't take the yellowish HIDs against the white LED parking lights and fogs anymore!!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:36 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aa909
agreed, but gonna wait until the car is lowered and see how the front lip holds up. The GMG springs lower by about 3/4" so it's not too aggressive, but I think the TA front lip is an additional 1" lower than stock, so that may be an issue in the hills where I live

FYI the Philips 6000Ks go in this weekend, i just couldn't take the yellowish HIDs against the white LED parking lights and fogs anymore!!
Good idea. Can't remember were you side skirts matched to body?

Nice I was thinking about it as well, they are yellowish compared to the maxspeed leds. I'll check it out in person, bring a tape measure we'll take some measurements(of car height)
Old 01-25-2013, 06:01 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You will destroy your front lip if you drive the car regularly.. You have seen my car Art. It's not THAT low. I go through 3 lips a year. For me spending money on a really cool CF one would be a disaster.

Hey Art and Tom.. Doesn't Werks make a CF rear wing you guys could buy? I thinks it's only $7 or $8k. OOoo... That would look nice with that diffuser.. He he he....
Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

You will destroy your front lip if you drive the car regularly.. You have seen my car Art. It's not THAT low. I go through 3 lips a year. For me spending money on a really cool CF one would be a disaster.

Hey Art and Tom.. Doesn't Werks make a CF rear wing you guys could buy? I thinks it's only $7 or $8k. OOoo... That would look nice with that diffuser.. He he he....
Phillip really not a big fan of that wing only wing upgrade I would consider would be an OEM Aerokit wing.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:46 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

agreed, the OEM front lip is cheap and easy to replace and it doesn't kill me when I scrape it. plus I've gotten pretty good at cleaning up the minor scrapes with very fine polishing paper (1000 grit).

as Tom stated, I also don't love the werks wing but I do like the OEM Aero kit wing. but I've spent my mod budget already so no more major expenditures on my end for a while
Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

agreed, the OEM front lip is cheap and easy to replace and it doesn't kill me when I scrape it. plus I've gotten pretty good at cleaning up the minor scrapes with very fine polishing paper (1000 grit).

as Tom stated, I also don't love the werks wing but I do like the OEM Aero kit wing. but I've spent my mod budget already so no more major expenditures on my end for a while
Glad to see things are proceeding well with your install. Can't wait to see pics of the finished product.

Jay
Old 01-25-2013, 09:48 PM
m32
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 146 Posts

Here's a shot of the diffuser with my werks1 wing. It does look good the wing is $4500

Edwin
Old 01-26-2013, 12:20 AM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by m32
Here's a shot of the diffuser with my werks1 wing. It does look good the wing is $4500

Edwin
Edwin can you post a few other shots. Sorry man not sold on it.... Yet
Old 01-26-2013, 12:23 AM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

I call your bluff and I'll bet you 10 year supply of 1k grit sand paper
Old 01-26-2013, 12:56 AM
m32
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 146 Posts

Edwin can you post a few other shots. Sorry man not sold on it.... Yet
Tom,

Sure thing. I have to agree that wasn't the best pic. the wing isn't as "big" in real life as it looks in pictures.

Edwin
Old 01-26-2013, 11:03 AM
aa909
Burning Brakes

I call your bluff and I'll bet you 10 year supply of 1k grit sand paper
LOL!! I will grant you the following, if the 0.75" lowering doesn't increase my scraping I will definitely consider either painting the OEM front lip or getting the TA style front lip. But I need to measure your front lip clearance, I think the TA lip is a full inch lower, so now we are talking 1.75" with the lowering springs, which would be tough for the hills in my area

we'll see, I guess I should never say never

Quick Reply: Rear Diffuser removal DIY