Sponsored by:

Protomotive tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 03:46 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Protomotive tune

Just installed the "race gas" (98-100 octane) file in my TT.. Threw in a tank of race gas (which I can buy near my house) Holy crap! It feels like 50 more hp.

It's brutally fast now. Can't afford to run this all the time but it sure is fun. Now I know why people run E85 spray...
Old 09-06-2012, 05:37 PM
C4TT
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweeeeet.. So what are your mods now? Mafless, tune, europipe? Right? Get that puppy dynoed on pump and race and get some 60 to 130s! Let us know.
I'm jealous of your Proto tune. My Giac is so weak, that my stock clutch can handle it, and I didn't even realize I had it! lol
Old 09-07-2012, 01:31 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by C4TT
Sweeeeet.. So what are your mods now? Mafless, tune, europipe? Right? Get that puppy dynoed on pump and race and get some 60 to 130s! Let us know.
I'm jealous of your Proto tune. My Giac is so weak, that my stock clutch can handle it, and I didn't even realize I had it! lol
Only mods now are Techart exhaust and the tune. It screams on race gas. Raced a Corvette yesterday going up hill and left him far behind.. Even an octane booster with the crap 91 California gas helps. It backfires with race gas. My clutch is still holding.. I'm really nice to clutches. I make them last in all my cars. It has slipped once...Strage because it has not done it since.. When it's time I'll do the Sachs 2.5. Next mod is 76MM X pipe exhaust with full 3 inch tips. That will add some more ponies as well. Thinking about CF seat backs for more interior bling....Would look sweet in my car.... Have you spoken to Richard yet?
Old 09-07-2012, 03:31 PM
C4TT
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not
I will call him soon. Shame on me.
Sounds like you have a good setup. Turns out my car has a GIAC tune after all, but it is so mild it's kind of lame. I think this holiday I will do cooler plugs, the 2.5 clutch, Todd's tune and see how that goes.
How and where can you get seat backs in CF? Mine are leather, which every kid will scratch getting in and out. That or an extra lady, but that I will almost condone.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:16 AM
m32
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
Only mods now are Techart exhaust and the tune. It screams on race gas. Raced a Corvette yesterday going up hill and left him far behind.. Even an octane booster with the crap 91 California gas helps. It backfires with race gas. My clutch is still holding.. I'm really nice to clutches. I make them last in all my cars. It has slipped once...Strage because it has not done it since.. When it's time I'll do the Sachs 2.5. Next mod is 76MM X pipe exhaust with full 3 inch tips. That will add some more ponies as well. Thinking about CF seat backs for more interior bling....Would look sweet in my car.... Have you spoken to Richard yet?
Phillip

Lmk if/when you sell the TA exhaust please

Edwin

Quick Reply: Protomotive tune