Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dme report

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 09:06 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

I guess it's all a matter of one's mind set.

Like wise, you might not have a problem buying a tracked car (60 yrs experience) yet most of us won't consider such a car even if it was tracked only once. Some of my best friends take their cars regularly to track and over maintain them but still it won't convince most of us that there's nothing wrong with buying those cars.

There are many people out there that would buy a car with over revs and cars that have been tracked with out any catastrophic ending.

On a side note: There are so many families I come across on daily basis that won't consider vaccines for their children with a fear that the vaccines would cause Autism and such yet we give millions of shots to children every da with out seeing any new autistic kids.

Even as a physician who has been in practice for past 16 years, I still can't convince these families that vaccines are safe and that i personally have never seen a kid developing autism in all those years and with thousands of vaccines admisistered.

Similarly, when Porsche doesn't mind certifying these cars and Porsche mechanics haven't seen cars with over revs with out any issues then why do some of us here have a problem convincing people to stay away from these cars.

There are just too many variables when it comes to incident like over revs so it is very hard to generalize that all cars with over revs pass 3 be passed and not considered for purchase.

Btw, have you ever SEEN a street driven (not tracked) car with over revs getting an engine or child developing autism after the vaccines ?

I would hate for people to not consider good cars just 'coz it had few over revs.

Ofcourse that's just me.

Last edited by C2 Turbo; 08-25-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:16 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
[...]Btw, have you ever SEEN a street driven car (not tracked) with over revs getting an engine or child developing autism after the vaccines ?
More a matter of where you want to put your money. I guess that's mindset. Peace of mind is an unlisted item on the invoice for any purchase. I like it, but I'm was trained as a military engineer and people die when we take unnecessary chances. This is just fun and Porsches are just our toys, so it probably isn't really as important as it seems to a conservative engineering type.

Don't know anything about autism, but I can say I've never even seen a car driven only on public roads that showed high-range events. Of course, I'm not a dealer. I've only seen cars that friends want to brag about, so that just says that none of my friends has ever done that.

I have seen cars driven only on public roads lose an engine to one of the causes we've been discussing and a couple of others I didn't bother to enumerate. Such failures can start in other ways besides an over-rev. An over-rev is just one pretty sure way to cause them.

But if you don't care, then you don't care how likely it is. You're right. That's mindset.

Gotta scoot. Porsche mountain run tonight.

Gary
Old 08-25-2012, 10:09 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by simsgw
Gotta scoot. Porsche mountain run tonight.

Gary

Be safe and enjoy...
Old 08-26-2012, 02:29 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Be safe and enjoy...
Were and did. We had a novice with us and we put him between two competition drivers. The one in front was to make sure the pack didn't run off and leave him and the one in back made sure no one pressed from behind. A good time was had by all. A good time, two pizzas and a veal parmigiana.

Lead was a 914 for one segment and a 944 for the second one. Don't you love a marque that lets people have fun with a forty-year range of cars?

Took a poll at dinner. Half didn't want a car with high-rpm counts and half said it wouldn't matter if the events had been long enough in the past. You're right. Mindset.

Gary
Old 08-26-2012, 01:34 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Like wise, you might not have a problem buying a tracked car (60 yrs experience) yet most of us won't consider such a car even if it was tracked only once. Some of my best friends take their cars regularly to track and over maintain them but still it won't convince most of us that there's nothing wrong with buying those cars.

There are many people out there that would buy a car with over revs and cars that have been tracked with out any catastrophic ending.

On a side note: There are so many families I come across on daily basis that won't consider vaccines for their children with a fear that the vaccines would cause Autism and such yet we give millions of shots to children every da with out seeing any new autistic kids.

Even as a physician who has been in practice for past 16 years, I still can't convince these families that vaccines are safe and that i personally have never seen a kid developing autism in all those years and with thousands of vaccines admisistered.

Similarly, when Porsche doesn't mind certifying these cars and Porsche mechanics haven't seen cars with over revs with out any issues then why do some of us here have a problem convincing people to stay away from these cars.

There are just too many variables when it comes to incident like over revs so it is very hard to generalize that all cars with over revs pass 3 be passed and not considered for purchase.

Btw, have you ever SEEN a street driven (not tracked) car with over revs getting an engine or child developing autism after the vaccines ?

I would hate for people to not consider good cars just 'coz it had few over revs.

Ofcourse that's just me.

Either an over rev report is not conducted as part of the CPO process or the 3 Dealers that I requested the reports from on their CPO cars were negligent, since none of them had that information. When I requested the data, they quickly complied and had a tech run the report. It took less than 5 minutes.

Rather than the vaccine analogy that you use, I'll offer another which I believe is more pertinent. If you had a patient who complained of periodic chess pains when exercising, would you ignore it or order a battery of tests? Ignitions in range 4 and higher is equivalent to a patient with chess pains . It may or may not be indicative of a serious problem, but it should not be ignored.

I believe that it would be foolish to dismiss a car that you really like just because it had range 4 & 5 ignitions, but it would be even more foolish to buy that car without having comprehensive engine diagnostics performed.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,243 Likes on 573 Posts

It's all just data. A friend of mine on a down shift over-revved his 2007 C2S cab and blew the engine. What exactly he blew I don't know but I do know that his warrenty did not cover it and he shelled out 20k to replace it. Part of the problem was that it was a US car imported into Canada and had he shipped it south of the border he felt he would have been covered. Why he didn't bundle up the car and parts dealership and do just that, I don't know either. Anyways, I suppose I'm just pointing out a connection between high revs, engines that blow, and dealer warrenty issues. I felt more secure in my recent purchase with a DME.

Quick Reply: dme report