Bose Speaker Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 01:00 PM
MistGt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose Speaker Replacement

Hey everyone,

I have a strange problem with my passenger side Bose speaker. I believe it is the subwoofer (largest speaker in the passenger side door). It will rattle like crazy at random times and it does not do it very often. It will even go away after a bit of driving, or stop after I turn the car off and back on. It's definitely not a loose panel, the speaker is defective. It only rattles when there is base in a song.

Anyway, I'd like to replace that speaker. My turbo is an 07 and the CPO doesn't cover audio

Any idea where I can buy a replacement speaker online? Porsche wants $279 for the speaker and about $250 to install. Send on over some of those expert opinions, any ideas? Thanks!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shoot, bring it to your local higher end stereo shop and let them have a look. I'm sure they can do it for less then $529 for one lousy speaker . . . LOL. The sub is in the rear deck so most likely is it a small woofer or a mid bass unit.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:31 PM
doublesnaggle
4th Gear

Hey MistGT

I have the exact same issue. What was your resolution?

Thx!!!!!

Originally Posted by MistGt
Hey everyone,

I have a strange problem with my passenger side Bose speaker. I believe it is the subwoofer (largest speaker in the passenger side door). It will rattle like crazy at random times and it does not do it very often. It will even go away after a bit of driving, or stop after I turn the car off and back on. It's definitely not a loose panel, the speaker is defective. It only rattles when there is base in a song.

Anyway, I'd like to replace that speaker. My turbo is an 07 and the CPO doesn't cover audio

Any idea where I can buy a replacement speaker online? Porsche wants $279 for the speaker and about $250 to install. Send on over some of those expert opinions, any ideas? Thanks!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:14 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

I have the same problem, it's driving me crazy!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:15 PM
rrm
Advanced

Default my '07 TT for sale

does anyone have an idea of where is the best place to advertise my 997tt for sale?
Old 03-21-2013, 05:26 AM
doublesnaggle
4th Gear

Thats thread hijacking.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:35 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I recall a similar problem with my 997S. They found the problem to be a clip that had broken away on the inside of the door trim and supposedly there was a piece that had come loose that was buzzing away. It was an intermittent problem but very annoying....very random.

Quick Reply: Bose Speaker Replacement