Sponsored by:

A/c Vents

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 05:15 PM
zooz86
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A/c Vents

Hi this is my first post and my first P car .. I'm so in love with the car.
I have 997.1 tt 2008.

I have a little problem if you guys can help me. the air vents blades are little bit loose ... is there any quick salutation to fix them ???

Last edited by zooz86; 06-29-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:51 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You need to define this more.. what do you mean lose? like point them up and hit a bump and they are facing down?
Old 07-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by zooz86
Hi this is my first post and my first P car .. I'm so in love with the car.
I have 997.1 tt 2008.

I have a little problem if you guys can help me. the air vents blades are little bit loose ... is there any quick salutation to fix them ???
Another person posted something similar on this subject and it turned out the blades were loose from the car being heated in the desert sun. IIRC the poster turned out to be located in some middle-eastern country where daytime temps reached the 50C range... God only knows what the temp of the air in the car got up to.

I know from my experience with my cars the dash A/C vent nozzles (not sure about the blades) have varying levels of resistance to movement which I attribute to temperature differences.

Because there are no other signs of anything amiss: the vents nozzles and their blades retain their position; there are no rattles; nothing has fallen off, come loose, etc; I really pay it no mind to the point I can't even tell you when they are loose and when they are tight.

Unless the vent nozzles/blades are loose enough to rattle, do not hold their position, exhibit other signs of trouble I'd say you have no real problem.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: A/c Vents