Old 05-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Boeing 717

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts

Thanks man cool vid
Old 05-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He's take a plain ole 997 Turbo with a manual gearbox! LOL.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:43 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc GTO
He's take a plain ole 997 Turbo with a manual gearbox! LOL.
Yeh. Saw that. But do you blame him. I couldn't see myself staying interested too long with just 2 pedals either. The tts is nice looking car tho. Can't say the same for the white fruit box on wheels.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:43 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Was looking at two such fruitboxes the other day at my used car dealer... It is quite impressive on the outside, butch. Stock wheels concave, and copper colored calipers. Interesting. But one glimpse inside and ... game over. Bad. Bad. Especially considering that in Greece, these things are equal money than a 997.1 TT (used for used), due to supply (very few GTRs). I would seriously consider it if it was half the money. or 60%. But same? no way.

This is what got you into trouble Paul so shoosh. No comment. not a peep. OK?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Yeh. Saw that. But do you blame him. I couldn't see myself staying interested too long with just 2 pedals either. The tts is nice looking car tho. Can't say the same for the white fruit box on wheels.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:27 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by dianic
Was looking at two such fruitboxes the other day at my used car dealer... It is quite impressive on the outside, butch. Stock wheels concave, and copper colored calipers. Interesting. But one glimpse inside and ... game over. Bad. Bad. Especially considering that in Greece, these things are equal money than a 997.1 TT (used for used), due to supply (very few GTRs). I would seriously consider it if it was half the money. or 60%. But same? no way.

This is what got you into trouble Paul so shoosh. No comment. not a peep. OK?
Lol.

To be honest when youre up close looking at one parked i agree they don't look too bad from certain angles, but see one on the road from any angle other than from dead behind the thing looks bloody awfull to me. I keep maintaining if the car didnt have the performance cred it does would anyone really give it a second glance? I mean other than to say wtf is that?....but in a bad sense. I dunno...not my cup of tea. And agree the interior is a shocker.... The only thing that isn't square is the steering wheel. Awful design. For me you could strap a jetpack to the thing and make it even faster and it would still be fugly. Performance simply can't subsitute for a lack of style and looks i'm afraid...well for me anyway. But to each his own... This is definitely one of those cases where it's "beauty in the eye of the beholder".

Originally Posted by amerlemans
Well lets face it. GTR aint never gonna win no beauty pagent..

...unless its up against a lada niva or a sometin like dat.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:22 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have to agree with the others... But I guess that's to be expected.. The GTR is an awesome performer..No one can question that..

But... It is frealkin beyond ugly.. It's like a bad anime' nightmare. The interior is an absolute joke and it's still...... a Nissan..

I'm sorry but when I was young dreaming about what kind of car I would like to have one day it wasn't a freakin NISSAN.. Porsche yes.. Ferrari yes, Maserati yes.. Nissan??? WTF?

"Congratulations son... You've finally made it.. Here is your brand new Nissan."Really? Serious? I don't think so....

I don't care if it's 5 seconds faster around the"RING' than a Porsche.... I could never own one or be SEEN in one for that matter.

Other than that I have no opinion....

Phillip
Old 05-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Boeing 717

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
I have to agree with the others... But I guess that's to be expected.. The GTR is an awesome performer..No one can question that..

But... It is frealkin beyond ugly.. It's like a bad anime' nightmare. The interior is an absolute joke and it's still...... a Nissan..

I'm sorry but when I was young dreaming about what kind of car I would like to have one day it wasn't a freakin NISSAN.. Porsche yes.. Ferrari yes, Maserati yes.. Nissan??? WTF?

"Congratulations son... You've finally made it.. Here is your brand new Nissan."Really? Serious? I don't think so....

I don't care if it's 5 seconds faster around the"RING' than a Porsche.... I could never own one or be SEEN in one for that matter.

Other than that I have no opinion....

Phillip
Ditto

Quick Reply: CHRIS HARRIS 997 Turbo S vs GTR