Sponsored by:

high mileage club

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 03:57 PM
NoPasaran
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
So, with all of this considered, where do you guy's see the 'bottom' of the price curve mileage wise? On well maintained and documented 993 Turbo's which are 15 years old now, it seems to be at +/- $50K for cars with 75K - 90K miles. I'm seeing a few 997.1 Turbo's at 50K miles in my searches for $60-65 and I'm assuming that as soon as the 991 Turbo is available, there will be more 997 TT's on the market as people move up which might push re-sale prices down a bit .. maybe 10% ... or do you think strong demand will keep prices stable?
well +/-50k is the ASK price
what is the BID price?

also, the world situation is changing all the time, the gas may get very expensive, there may be new exhaust taxes, maybe there is a conflict of such magnitude that bid price is nonexistent as people worry about more important things than impractical sportscars... who knows

Better not to think about prices, in fact, it could happen that you are not here tomorrow to worry about prices, things happen you know.

Buy a car if you want it and enjoy it now.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:09 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by NoPasaran

Better not to think about prices, in fact, it could happen that you are not here tomorrow to worry about prices, things happen you know.

Buy a car if you want it and enjoy it now.
... Yeah, I used to be a fatalist too, when I was younger. Now I'm retired which creates a false feeling of optimism and a need for frugal planning ..
Old 10-11-2012, 05:06 AM
NoPasaran
Racer

Originally Posted by JPP
... Yeah, I used to be a fatalist too, when I was younger. Now I'm retired which creates a false feeling of optimism and a need for frugal planning ..
I would not call it fatalism. Funny, as soon as you mention the end people start call you fatalist.

" The Way of the Samurai is found in death. Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily. Every day, when one's body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon being ripped apart by arrows, rifles, spears, and swords, being carried away by surging waves, being thrown into the midst of a great fire, being struck by lightning, being shaken to death by a great earthquake, falling from thousand-foot cliffs, dying of disease or committing seppuku at the death of one's master. And every day, without fail, one should consider himself as dead. This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai. " ;-)
Old 10-14-2012, 06:03 PM
TWTURBO
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 9 Posts

One known very expensive problem around $10k is camshaft needing replacement ,it happened to me under warranty luckily ,if you start getting a cell code of P0021 cross your fingers .
Old 10-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Twinturbom3
Advanced

Originally Posted by TWTURBO
One known very expensive problem around $10k is camshaft needing replacement ,it happened to me under warranty luckily ,if you start getting a cell code of P0021 cross your fingers .
can you elaborate on this failure? whats this?
Old 10-14-2012, 07:51 PM
TWTURBO
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 9 Posts

It's not necessarily high milage related in fact from what i've seen it seems to happen to most cars when still under warranty so lower miles,higher mile cars look like they where probably ok, mine was at 17k i think ,my experience & several others are in this thread on the 6 there are several links within the thread also mine is in the 2nd post seems to happen in 07 08 models only http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...cel-p0021.html
Old 10-21-2012, 08:09 AM
ballbearingturbo
Track Day

Purchased at 50k, been a few months now at 53k. I have replaced spark plugs and 2 oil changes. I think i will be doing the water pump next. I had no records of previous maintenance so i will have the work done to keep a good peace of mind. Since purchase i have added a few modifications and APR tune, she seems to be holding rock solid
Old 10-21-2012, 08:21 AM
ballbearingturbo
Track Day

Originally Posted by TWTURBO
Being out of warranty this is scary. I will ask dealer if they will still warranty my car with the modifications they have installed themselves.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:38 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ballbearingturbo
Purchased at 50k, been a few months now at 53k. I have replaced spark plugs and 2 oil changes. I think i will be doing the water pump next. I had no records of previous maintenance so i will have the work done to keep a good peace of mind. Since purchase i have added a few modifications and APR tune, she seems to be holding rock solid

Just curious about your post and please don't take this wrong..

Two oil changes in 3 thousand miles? Why? Can you explain further? That seems a waste of money and 18 liters of oil.. Water pumps typically do not need be considered for replacement (preventative) til around 70k or more.. What prompted you to change it at at 50k? Have you had a bad experience?

Good call on the plugs.. Who knows the last time they were done..

If you have a good relationship with a nearby dealer they can run the VIN and tell you any dealer maintenance history. At least that way you can have some kind of records..

Pictures of your car please!!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:36 PM
ballbearingturbo
Track Day

Originally Posted by phillipj
Just curious about your post and please don't take this wrong..

Two oil changes in 3 thousand miles? Why? Can you explain further? That seems a waste of money and 18 liters of oil.. Water pumps typically do not need be considered for replacement (preventative) til around 70k or more.. What prompted you to change it at at 50k? Have you had a bad experience?

Good call on the plugs.. Who knows the last time they were done..

If you have a good relationship with a nearby dealer they can run the VIN and tell you any dealer maintenance history. At least that way you can have some kind of records..

Pictures of your car please!!
Well story goes when i bought the car the misc dealer had no record of oil change so of course the day i brought it home i had an oil change done. 53k came around and i was going to be headed to OC, MD for a VW meet called H2Oi where i knew i was going to pack the mileage on playing with all the VWs out there.

And you want more pics here are more pics, sorry about the size they are taken from paparazzi:

Last edited by ballbearingturbo; 10-22-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:12 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Makes sense....

Your car looks just like mine except for the Terra Cota interior.. .. She's a beauty!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:55 PM
ballbearingturbo
Track Day

Thanks! Yes, pretty excited for Friday as i am getting my oem orange GT3rs wheels and spacers installed.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:03 PM
strato58
Burning Brakes

Received 116 Likes on 68 Posts

Nice car except for the fking classy decal....im sorry but i dont think thats too classy on that sweet car...
best luck with your new ride.

Quick Reply: high mileage club