Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished Spring Detail with Softronic Upgrade.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 09:13 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Finished Spring Detail with Softronic Upgrade.

I recently finished my Spring detail, included with a Carbon Fiber Rottec rear diffuser and door handles. I also upgraded my ECU with the Softronic soft ware done by Scott Slausen himself, which has made my car even more enjoyable and exhilarating to drive. With the exhaust upgrades and new billet diverter valves that I installed Scott says that I'm close to 600 HP. Not verified with a dyno but I'll take his word and experience for it. My acceleration is faster and smoother than stock with a tempo that dictates the true excellence of Porsche driving. The reason I had Scott of Softronic due my upgrade was that my laptop's new I-core processor wasn't compatible with the soft ware program. He started with a 997 TTS program and enhanced the performance qualities from there. I felt I was in good hands, especially when I saw all of the other ECU's sitting on his work bench that were sent to him from various places to fix and reprogram. Where others had gone wrong with their programming, Scott was there to make things right again. So I was left with my car that quickly became my new "Black Mamba". Stealthy, mean,and athletic in all respects. So far the car has driven flawlessly, and is just amazing. Could there be an issue down the road. Yes, but I felt confident with Scott's skill and competence. Again it was very fortunate that I live only 25 minutes from Softronic.

And lastly why the upgrade? Not to go faster. Remember anything can go fast. Instead it was for the improvement in "quality of performance", where Porsche had left room within their own DNA that Scott was able to gene splice a new TTRex per se and create for me my new "Black Mamba". I'll keep you posted if anything should arise, but for now it's been pure Turbo driving.

PS. I have to give a special thanks to Dan of Vivid Racing who helped me coordinate my appointment with Scott when my lap top wasn't able to upload my ECU program. Vivid Racing was a great company to work with. Dan would e-mail each day to make sure that I had my appointment and that everything would work out in the end. And it did.

Jay
Attached Images         
Old 04-13-2012, 09:42 PM
floridaBMW
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome, love the yellow dials and accents.

Ken
Old 04-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Seth W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, nothing is prettier when clean than black. Very nice detail work there. Enjoy it.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:48 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Thing looks WICKED!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:41 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jay that is the first time I have come across a full set of pics from your car. Congrats, very tastefully done. Love the yellow bits inside, and how they pop!
Just ordered a yellow turbo emblem for a very good friend who has a black on black wheels car, with PCCB's... Looks amazing.
Those are fabspeed tips? Did you have to modify anything to get them so flush inside the bumper? On my 997.1 EP1, they tend to stick out a bit more, due to the curve of the pipe... If not I guess pipework on the .2 is different.
Enjoy in good health!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:56 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dianic
Jay that is the first time I have come across a full set of pics from your car. Congrats, very tastefully done. Love the yellow bits inside, and how they pop!
Just ordered a yellow turbo emblem for a very good friend who has a black on black wheels car, with PCCB's... Looks amazing.
Those are fabspeed tips? Did you have to modify anything to get them so flush inside the bumper? On my 997.1 EP1, they tend to stick out a bit more, due to the curve of the pipe... If not I guess pipework on the .2 is different.
Enjoy in good health!
Everyone thanks for the compliments. And yes those are Fabspeed tips. The first set wasn't the correct size and Alex sent me the newly made tips within a week. I had Danbury Porsche install them so I'm not sure if the size of the Europipe exhaust is different for the 997.2 TT or not. That could very well be the difference in the way they look versus your car. The yellow accessories where bought from Eric on Bumper Plugs. They added a nice touch.

Just got back from a great drive today seeing my son play baseball at Millbrook Prep. All I can say is that it was an awesome day all around.

Jay
Old 04-15-2012, 03:56 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

One last pic.

Jay
Attached Images  
Old 04-22-2012, 08:05 PM
brandonq
Track Day

Love the yellow logo!!
Old 04-23-2012, 04:22 AM
NoPasaran
Racer

Nice little Mamba. :-)

DJ23, are those 20" wheels and do you still sit on a stock suspension?
Old 04-23-2012, 10:17 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NoPasaran
Nice little Mamba. :-)

DJ23, are those 20" wheels and do you still sit on a stock suspension?
They are 19inch wheels. And yes it is a stock suspension. Afraid to lower any further.

Jay
Old 05-12-2012, 04:57 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Jay your car is impeccable.. Really beautiful. I would love to get the yellow gauges for mine.. Awesome car. I love how clean you keep it.. Congrats and the mods are excellent. Glad you had a good experience with Vivid. I went through hell with them several times..

Phillip
Old 05-13-2012, 12:03 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by phillipj
Jay your car is impeccable.. Really beautiful. I would love to get the yellow gauges for mine.. Awesome car. I love how clean you keep it.. Congrats and the mods are excellent. Glad you had a good experience with Vivid. I went through hell with them several times..

Phillip
Sorry to hear you had a difficult time with Vivid. If you have a problem call Dan personally. He's too connected with the boards on the internet not to give good customer service.

Jay
Old 05-13-2012, 10:02 AM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 67 Posts

Looks awesome Jay. You need to let me know when you will be back at Danbury Porsche. I really want to hear how your car sounds. Roy

Quick Reply: Finished Spring Detail with Softronic Upgrade.