Sponsored by:

Sway Bar Setting

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:33 PM
DaBrat
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway Bar Setting

I currently have my sway bars set at medium / medium. I want to get more oversteer. Should I go [medium rear / soft front] or [hard rear / medium front]? Any difference? Thanks!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:10 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Softer in front will generally help the front grip more.

What are you alignment specs? Tires?
Old 02-28-2012, 09:47 AM
DaBrat
Intermediate

I'm currently running Pirelli Trofeos. Alignment is stock.
Thanks!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:02 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm thinking of trying out Trofeo's next....my alignment specs are -2.5 front and -1.9 rear and running Michelin Sport Cups and they seem to need slightly more rear camber than what I'm running as they are rolling over some.

Anyway....from what I see guys running with camber specs like mine are softer front and stiffer rear. So if you add more front camber...I assume stock setting is somewhere around -.5 to -1 on your Turbo....you will get better grip from the front and thus the rear will rotate better. Then you can also soften the front sway a notch and test that for a couple of laps.

From reading about the Trofeo's they want more negitive camber than stock street set up.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:03 AM
DaBrat
Intermediate

The Trofeos are awesome! But after reading your post, seems like I gotta do some camber adjustments. I just put on new BBS wheels with new Trofeos and the car sticks to the road to the point that I can't really tell if I still have understeer. I think I'll try to soften the front sway anyway and see how that goes. And while I'm at it, mess with the camber settings. Thanks!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaBrat
The Trofeos are awesome! But after reading your post, seems like I gotta do some camber adjustments. I just put on new BBS wheels with new Trofeos and the car sticks to the road to the point that I can't really tell if I still have understeer. I think I'll try to soften the front sway anyway and see how that goes. And while I'm at it, mess with the camber settings. Thanks!
You can do the Tarett camber plates and those give you about 1.1 to 1.5 more negative camber without adding stress to your front axles. If you want more then you need to do the GT3 LCAs and add the 5mm shims. You can dial in -2.5 total with that setup, which is what I'm using.

As far as the sway bar, you can do soft front and med rear or med front and firm rear.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:23 AM
DaBrat
Intermediate

I have been considering getting the RSS lower control arms + rear links, however, I'm worried the car will be too harsh for the street. Whatcha think?

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Setting