Sponsored by:

Low cost on Individual Seller type Porsche Turbo's 997

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 12:03 AM
VELOCITY 997
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low cost on Individual Seller type Porsche Turbo's 997

Hi, I have a question I am in the market for a Porsche 911 Turbo. As I was searching cars.com I came across 4 Porsche turbos each being sold by Individual Seller with a VERY LOW PRICE. I am wondering how common is this. All of these Porsche turbos are priced below $45,000.

These models are all year 2007 and newer.
I am wondering if these kind of prices are possible and how common is it to purchase a Porsche 911 turbo 997.1 for less than $45,000

Here are the links to those cars. Can you give me some information on this topic?
Thank You,
Marek

Car 1
2008 Porsche 911 Turbo - $33,000

Car 2
2008 Porsche 911 Turbo - $34,000

Car 3
2007 Porsche 911 Turbo - $38,000

Car 4
2007 Porsche 911 Turbo - $43,000

Car1

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=3

Car2

Car 3

Car 4

Car 2
Old 01-28-2012, 12:17 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Velocity, most of the time prices are this low when something is amiss with the sale. Cars could have been in an accident, or could have had a mechanical problem of some sort. Stay away is my advice. Or if you're interested get the car fax, PPI, and DME report. First you shouldn't have to pay for the car fax, but that's another topic of discussion. Remember you get what you pay for most of the time, and if it sounds too good to be true then buyer beware. Good luck. You will find that perfect Turbo yet.

Jay
Old 01-28-2012, 01:01 AM
VELOCITY 997
Advanced

Thank you for the input I will take this into account.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:03 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 134 Posts

Scam written all over it. I can guarantee that if you contact the seller, they will state that they live overseas with the car locked in storage. All you would have to do is send them money, and they will make arrangements to deliver the car to you. You can 'test drive' it for 'X' number of days and if you don't want it, you can send it back for a refund......

Please post their response here. I have a feeling it will look very similar.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:57 AM
Bford100
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Bonehead's response is right on. These are scam artists that hack into used car listings, and change the asking price to a low unrealistic number, hoping to lure in unsuspecting buyers. This happend to me once, I had my M6 listed on Autotrader.com for $65K and when I checked one day, my ad was the same except asking price was now $30K!!! I pulled the ad, changed all my passwords, etc. Scary times....
Old 01-28-2012, 08:09 AM
512bb
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

99% guaranteed that they are scams. For S%$@ and giggles I replied to a couple and the standard scam emails come back (e.g., I am in Canada, no issues shipping the car, or I am a doctor traveling with my wife - but they all wanted pre-payment through Amazon - which has denied having that service).

Be very careful.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:38 AM
VELOCITY 997
Advanced

Originally Posted by bonehead
Scam written all over it. I can guarantee that if you contact the seller, they will state that they live overseas with the car locked in storage. All you would have to do is send them money, and they will make arrangements to deliver the car to you. You can 'test drive' it for 'X' number of days and if you don't want it, you can send it back for a refund......

Please post their response here. I have a feeling it will look very similar.

These prices seem too good to be true to me also. I called one seller and they claim that the car is in excellent shape adult driven garaged etc. So when I ask about the low price he tells me that he is getting a divorce so he has to sell the car. He said that the car is in Orlando, he will shipp it to me, I will have 7 days.

Here is his email

"Hi Marek,

The car is still for sale. The asking price is $43,000.The car is registered on my name and the title is clean (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car. If you have any questions regarding the car or you want extra photos just let me know!
. My wife broke up with me recently because I'm always away from home. We just sold our house and split the money. This is the last thing I need to sell and split the money with her.The car is in Orlando,FL.
Because I'm away most of the time I will not be able to deal in person. But I've already arranged the shipping and the title transfer anywhere in the US. I will pay the shipping fees.
I want the payment to be handled by Yahoo! Finance. They will keep the money until you will receive and inspect the car. You will have 7 days of inspection period. If the car is not like described you will have to ship it back on my expense and they will give you a full refund. This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it and I know that you have the money and you aren't just fooling around.
Giving the nature of this transaction please note that my sale terms are final and nonnegotiable. In order to move forward I will need your full name, address and phone number.
I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

Richard Williams!"

Cars.com is simply a website that lists adds for cars. I don't think it's a scam, you still buy the car in person.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Cevin
6th Gear

You can always ask them for a few very specific photos of something about the car that only someone with access to the exact car could take.

e.g. I knew someone who asked for a photo of page 33 of the owner's manual next to the paint code label.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:52 AM
VELOCITY 997
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cevin
You can always ask them for a few very specific photos of something about the car that only someone with access to the exact car could take.

e.g. I knew someone who asked for a photo of page 33 of the owner's manual next to the paint code label.
Thank you, this makes total sense. It although sounds like a scam to me.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SCAM
Old 01-28-2012, 12:12 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by VELOCITY 997
These prices seem too good to be true to me also. I called one seller and they claim that the car is in excellent shape adult driven garaged etc. So when I ask about the low price he tells me that he is getting a divorce so he has to sell the car. He said that the car is in Orlando, he will shipp it to me, I will have 7 days.

Here is his email

"Hi Marek,

The car is still for sale. The asking price is $43,000.The car is registered on my name and the title is clean (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car. If you have any questions regarding the car or you want extra photos just let me know!
. My wife broke up with me recently because I'm always away from home. We just sold our house and split the money. This is the last thing I need to sell and split the money with her.The car is in Orlando,FL.
Because I'm away most of the time I will not be able to deal in person. But I've already arranged the shipping and the title transfer anywhere in the US. I will pay the shipping fees.
I want the payment to be handled by Yahoo! Finance. They will keep the money until you will receive and inspect the car. You will have 7 days of inspection period. If the car is not like described you will have to ship it back on my expense and they will give you a full refund. This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it and I know that you have the money and you aren't just fooling around.
Giving the nature of this transaction please note that my sale terms are final and nonnegotiable. In order to move forward I will need your full name, address and phone number.
I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

Richard Williams!"

Cars.com is simply a website that lists adds for cars. I don't think it's a scam, you still buy the car in person.

Ummm....read my first post, then read this one. I was pretty much spot on. Are you still doubting this is a scam?
Old 01-28-2012, 12:16 PM
dntlvet
Pro

ohhhh away often and not able to deal in person is clearly a likely SCAM.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:45 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 335 Posts

Scam. Had one recently on a cayman i was looking at. autotrader sent me to the ad becuase it was only a few miles from my zip code.

contacted the seller and low and behold, he "moved" due to business. wanted to use some bogus type of payment where I could use the car for 7 days and return it if i didn't like it.

Said he had moved to Prince Island Canada - I sent him an email saying "wow, that's great - my brother lives there. he can come look at the car". never heard from him again.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:11 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by VELOCITY 997

Here is his email

"Hi Marek,

Richard Williams!"

STAY AWAY!

Jay
Old 01-28-2012, 02:24 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

google it! "Car scam with escrow" or along those lines.

Here is an article form 2008 I believe.
http://www.justaskasa.com/wp/?p=1101

Quick Reply: Low cost on Individual Seller type Porsche Turbo's 997