Need help figuring out the yearly cost to keep up with the 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 08:44 AM
xbox_fan
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kimster
Hey guys...

I done some research but haven't really found this information...so hopefully I won't get hung for asking this question...haha.
I know this would be different for everyone depending on the miles that the car currently have but I just wanted to get an rough idea of about how much would it cost a year to properly maintance a 997TT

The car probably will never see the track... Most of my driving is city driving. the car will be a daily driver that will probably get at most between 8-9k miles a year... for mods I probably won't do much besides an exhaust and probably some springs and nice wheels and thats it... (maybe one day down the road do the some light tunning).

Since Im in a wheelchair I'll probably be very limited on how much DIY maintenance I would be able to do my self... so that why I wanted to get a rough idea on what I should expect on spend on a yearly basis for maintenance. I want to make sure that if I pull the trigger and get the 997TT that Im not getting over my head with the maintenance cost which seems to be the thing that everyone brings up when I tell them about my idea of getting the 997TT.

any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
07 tt owner here since 2 1/2 years.

Buy a car with warranty, I had 2y extended warranty (cost ~2500€) and it has saved me big time.

First year of ownership it was something monthly that crapped up, biggest issue was cooling pipework above engine that leaked but also front radiators (2 of 3) started leaking.

Alternator, guide wheels for drive belt, micro switch for driver door, hydralics for wing, etc had to be changed.

The latest issue was the driver side turbo, though it turned out to be the reason the car always gave of a small cloud of smoke on startup, so I guess it wasnt all ok to start with.

Get warranty!

But I love the car, daily driven even in Swedish winters, drops the kuds at daycare every morning!

Quick Reply: Need help figuring out the yearly cost to keep up with the 997TT