Looking for a 997.1TT, Hello to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 02:14 PM
SethW
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Looking for a 997.1TT, Hello to the forum

Hello, all.

I've been lurking on this forum for years, literally. I've owned 2 928's (and was very active on those forums under a different handle) and have wanted a TT for a LONG time. I finally have the means to do it and now I am in the hunt.

I'm positive I want the following:

1) Stick
2) Hardtop
3) Sports Chrono
4) Black/Natural Grey or Sand interior (depending on exterior color)
5) Still under warranty (after market a bit sketchy IMO)
5.5) Adaptive Sports Seats
6) 2007 or 2008

I would like the following:

1) heated seats
2) rear axle lock
3) less than 30k miles
4) some deviated stitching and extra leather
5) Parking indicator
6) Pioneer radio/bt mod already done!
7) PCCB

I'm TORN on colors. I love Carmona and Ruby Red--but never can find them. I really like Meteor and Slate Grey, and White. I'm not sure if this is going to be a daily driver (have a 335 I might keep) so I'm a little worried about the flashy colors (like Yellow) and even white might feel a little flashy...but I do love that color too. Black is beautiful, but damn that is hard to keep. Not a fan of any silvers, brown or cobalt or green...sorry, no offense.

I'm obsessed with keeping my cars, so I'm going to need a really clean car. I'm willing to fly/travel anywhere.

I've been looking here, 6speed, cars.com, autotrader, hemmings, craigslist...am I missing anything?

If any of you are former 928 guys, I had the 89 Red GT that was supercharged in the Bay Area.

So, there you have it. Looking forward to finding the right car and looking forward to joining this community. I have read every post for the last several years, so I feel like I'm up to speed, but I really welcome input and if anyone is selling...
Old 01-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Seth W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey! I found my old handle! Duh. Don't feel like such a noob now!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:45 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ha! Nice. that was an active first 2 years on the forum. Welcome back then.
I am not the one to offer advise on where to look, as I am on the other side of the pond, however, color wise I can say that I am a fan of the greys, and would do white as well, depending on the interior color, which should definitely NOT be black... To each his own however. Enjoy the search its almost as good as the ownership experience.

Quick Reply: Looking for a 997.1TT, Hello to the forum