Sponsored by:

Silverstone Experience: GTS + Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Alex (UK)
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverstone Experience: GTS + Turbo S

Had a fantastic day yesterday at Silverstone Experience Centre.

We had Turbo vs Turbo S back to back comparisons on the Stowe circuit and GTS vs GTS4 comparisons on the Experience Centre circuits. I also had the honour of having Richard Attwood (won Le Mans) as my instructor for the day.

Here are a few pictures I snapped before we started:

Old 11-18-2011, 07:03 AM
Alex (UK)
Racer

The difference between a normal Turbo and an S was certainly plain to see for the launches (Richard always turned PSM completely off too for me which made it even faster!) and in the cone slaloms.

The S just felt like a lighter car through the corners and changed direction much quicker due to the PTV. Even the Turbo S cabriolet felt really solid on the Stowe circuit despite the lack of a roof. VERY impressive.

Chatting to Richard a little he said he also does some work for Audi these days. He drove the R8 GT the other day and was very impressed. He said it was still nowhere near as good as a Porsche 911 though
Old 11-18-2011, 08:39 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for sharing Alex. I need to do this too... Tell me were the cars that you drove left hand drive? I cant for the life of me shift with my left hand!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 925 Likes on 559 Posts

Thanks Alex.

I lived in England when I learned to drive while visiting CA. Right hand drive will take you all of 2 laps to learn.

Or just rent a car at LHR and start driving. The more traffic the better, because you just follow everyone else. Safer than being a pedestrian, where looking the wrong way will get you run over.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Alex (UK)
Racer

Originally Posted by dianic
Thanks for sharing Alex. I need to do this too... Tell me were the cars that you drove left hand drive? I cant for the life of me shift with my left hand!
Yes the showroom Turbos were driven over from German were all LHR. All the cars we drove though on track were RHD. With PDK it really doesn't matter though!!
Old 11-18-2011, 03:51 PM
bmwfan328
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

that red Turbo S cab is stunning. i could do without the red in the vents, but the seats complete the package nicely.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Alex (UK)
Racer

Have since driven the 991 Turbo S at the same circuit. I would say theres not much in it between the 997.2 Turbo S and the 991 Turbo S until you hit the sports plus button - then it turns into a full blown mentalist!!

Quick Reply: Silverstone Experience: GTS + Turbo S