Sponsored by:

Price check 09 turbo cabRiolet

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 05:39 PM
midwest
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price check 09 turbo cabRiolet

Manual, good options including ceramics. Under 20k miles. Cpo from dealer. Does $110k or $115k sound reasonable?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:05 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

Marshall Goldman in Ohio has a nice blk/blk with 6k miles asking 112k. The website is mgmsl.com
Old 09-20-2011, 11:15 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
Marshall Goldman in Ohio has a nice blk/blk with 6k miles asking 112k. The website is mgmsl.com
Went there with a cheque to pick up a car after having confirmed the car didn't have any paint work. I was re assured the car was spot less.

Drove 5 hours to buy the car with the money in hand and guess what ? I had not even made it to the car yet and could clearly see the day and night difference between the bumper and the rest of the car

To them it was nothing but to me who had specifically asked if there was any paint work on the car, ofcourse it was important.

All i have to say is, buyer be aware .. Personally to me, MG is just another used car dealership
Old 09-22-2011, 02:33 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

I bought alot of cars from them including a Carrera GT...never had a problem unlike all the ****ty, lying dealers in Los Angeles. Very surprised to hear your story.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by midwest
Manual, good options including ceramics. Under 20k miles. Cpo from dealer. Does $110k or $115k sound reasonable?
You tell me.

Generally, the way car depreciation works is the car depreciates 10% from the price the dealer paid (which may or may not (probably not) be invoice) for the car the minute the car is driven off the show room floor.

Then every year the new car models arrive the car depreciates another 10%.

So, if you know the dealer's cost (invoice cost) of the car or the MSRP (you can then 'guess' at the invoice) you can work the numbers and come up with a value of the car.

Sure, some cars suffer steeper depreciation curve and some a much shallower depreciation curve.

Searching nationwide say at www.autotrader.com for all similar models on either side of the specific model year you are looking at will give you a feel for the asking price and with your numbers you can get a feel for if the car's depreciation curve is steep or less so.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Price check 09 turbo cabRiolet