Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Life span of Clear Bra ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 02:50 PM
b787fo
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 6 Posts

My experience (with 3 recent cars including my Porsche and SVT Lightining pickup) is that with at least moderate maintenance, such as Speedfilm or the spray cleaner used on motorcycle windscreens, etc, the bug stain will bleach out to invisible w/i several weeks. Using anything abrasive on the clearbra to remove it will result in scratches. Just my .02

Jeff
Old 08-27-2011, 12:07 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry Adams
My dead bugs and bird crap get the Speedshine treatment.
I have Venture Shield from bumper to windshield.
High velocity out-of-state bugs take a little more work.
Now that is some serious "bug" goo.

Jay
Old 08-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I did a search and found that many folks recommend alcohol ... not booze ... but, rubbing alcohol would work on the bug goo.

It does not. I tried a smallish area and it just made a smudge .... the area treated was relatively small and now is no longer clear. Cloudy with just minimal rubbing. Not good.

I use Plexus on my motorcycles with good results, but I find it does not clean bugs off very well. Especially on the clear bra on the P-car. Not a good cleaner ... even with Plexus applied.

The clear bras do protect the paint, but do look like crap unless one is very, very fastidious in cleaning off the bug crap pretty much daily. Which is not my speed as my car is a DD.

Several folks have suggested the use of dryer sheets ... like Bounce? I do have some. I may try it.

Quick Reply: Life span of Clear Bra ??