Sponsored by:

"New" 2009 Turbo at Herb Chambers

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Default "New" 2009 Turbo at Herb Chambers

Does anyone know the story behind the "new" Aqua blue 2009 Turbo Cab that is at Herb Chambers Porsche? It appears to be a nice car - perhaps the options are a little different, but if the car is in new condition, I might be interested. I live in Oregon, and this car is in Boston, so if anyone has any information, either good, or bad, about the car, or the dealership, I would welcome your input.

Also, if there are any highly critical, picky car enthusiasts (like me, I am a picky bastard!) in the Boston area that could look at the car and give me your honest opinion, I would be grateful. Apparently, the car is in their showroom.

Many thanks to all!

Mark
Old 08-09-2011, 07:34 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Mark,

Since it is listed in the "new" car section, it has to be an untitled car. However, make sure you ask if the car has been "punched" or "put into service," which starts the warranty clock ticking on the in service date. If the warramty period has already started just have them CPO the car.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:34 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

That's a nice looking one. Painted lower body bits really looks good.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:26 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

in the end of 2009 Porsche was at the end of its long road with VW and got caught out. In order to generate cash quickly they went to their USA dealers (not sure about the rest) and offered them each a "trunk" of money that they could apply to any car in their inventory. They were looking to move cars and bring the cash home ASAP.

I was at my local dealer with my wife showing her a 2005 TTS cab, so she could see what I was looking for. The Asst. GM, a long time friend said "why don't you drive this new 2009, it is so much nicer", I said thanks but not thanks I don't want to spend the extra $50k. He response was I wil give you $25k off MSRP on that car. I was a little surprised and said why, he told me about the trunk money and said he wanted to move as many cars as he could.

We drove the car, but it did not have some of my "must haves" like short shift, limited slip etc... He said if I can find you that car will you buy it. I said at $30k of I would. 3 days later he called me and said I have found your car, will get it for you if your are good for it. I said I was and a few days later I was driving home in the car below which I love.

i know a few other guys like Eric - Bumper Plugs, took advantage of the same deal. After the deal was done my buddy told me they were very happy and made $10k, so the entire $30k they gave me can from the "trunk".

My guess is they applied a similar amount to the car, put it in service hoping to sell it and make $10k. Agree with above, as long as they CPO it you will get 4 yrs and 100k of warranty. Also you will get a 2009, the last of the Turbo's with the GT1 blokcks which are bullet proof.

Good luck
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Many thanks everyone for your assistance. I truly appreciate your comments!!!!!

Mark

Quick Reply: "New" 2009 Turbo at Herb Chambers