Sponsored by:

Terra Cotta Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013 | 07:44 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Originally Posted by MarkG123
Chris

Two tone, top of dash and door sills are in black. Rest of interior is terra cotta including carpet. Interior photo'ed orange!
I had a Carrera with the two tone Terra with a Basalt Black exterior. I thought it looked awesome. Had silver seat backs too. Wish i still had that car..Traded it for the Turbo with only 16k miles on it.. The only thing I didn't like was the Terra center console.. Would have been sweet in CF.

Last edited by phillipj; 05-02-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-30-2013 | 11:59 PM
flyjets
Burning Brakes

To bad you guys don't like the Terracotta you would not like my barrel tile roof either then.

The Basalt Black Terracotta two tone is awesome especially in full leather including seat backs.

My 2 cents
Ian
Old 12-31-2013 | 03:00 AM
bill8411
Rennlist Member

Lightbulb

Here's my .02 cents as well!

I love the terra cotta interior and would not hesitate to buy a TT w one. I don't believe corporate Porsche is stupid, they offer this color for a reason.

Of course, that coming from a guy owning an "orange" Porsche......

Old 01-05-2014 | 02:33 AM
550bryan
Pro

Generally manufactures refer to these types of executions as signatures colors. They know they're out there but they make a statement and can't be ignored. We can all think of outrageous colors on some new car, they don't however typically make a statement with an interior color, but when the exterior is usually silver it makes sense. I happen to like terra cotta, but I may be in the minority and happy to be there by the way. I suspect at the end of the day that these cars will be valued for their rarity and the statement they make.
Old 01-08-2014 | 11:21 PM
heartman4ever
8th Gear

Sheesh, some of you guys must have a coronary attack when you see what Lamborghini does with some of their color combinations.

My 2007 997 turbo 6 speed is basalt black / two tone terracotta interior and I went out of my way to get exactly this combination. I agree that with the carpets and steering wheel all matching it is a lot to absorb, but the two tone with black carpet, black dash, and standard black steering wheel makes for nice contrast and an elegant look. The pictures in this thread are way off in color - the correct shade is exactly as the name implies: similar to terra-cotta pottery or roof tiles, not the pumpkin orange shown in the pictures. Everyone who sees my car says the interior looks great in this color. For someone not afraid to be a little different from the herd, it's a nice option. Interiors in tan, black, or brown are everywhere. Nobody even gives them a second thought. I'll take my nicely balanced terra-cotta interior over the standard colors any day. I'll bet in years to come that terracotta will be the signature color of an era, whereas black, tan and brown will be omnipresent forever. Ever seen the Carrera GT with terracotta interior? Stunning.

But hey, differences of opinion are what makes for horse races. Just lighten up on the terracotta hating. You might be surprised to find that since a nice terracotta is harder to find that certain buyers will pay a premium to get the color combination they're passionate about. And just IMHO, if you're buying the car already stressing about how the interior will affect resale value, then you're not deciding based on what makes you happy - you're second guessing what will make some stranger happy when you bail out of the car in a few years. I plan on keeping mine for a long term relationship and if I ever do sell, I'll happily wait for just the right person to fall in love with the car. I've had some cars that took over a year to sell, but when the right person walks up the driveway the deal goes down in a blink, since he knows it will be damn near impossible to find another one.

As always, YMMV.
Old 01-09-2014 | 12:13 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

it looks great in person.
Supposedly a $5000.00 option.

i was on the fence about it on a 997 C4S, but i decided i could live with it after seeing it in person.
I wouldnt pay a premium for it but i wouldnt under cut it either.
Old 01-09-2014 | 04:09 AM
bill8411
Rennlist Member

I just like seeing two orange car posts in a row...

Great thread!
Old 01-09-2014 | 04:12 AM
bill8411
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Great first post, and welcome!

Originally Posted by heartman4ever
Sheesh, some of you guys must have a coronary attack when you see what Lamborghini does with some of their color combinations.

My 2007 997 turbo 6 speed is basalt black / two tone terracotta interior and I went out of my way to get exactly this combination. I agree that with the carpets and steering wheel all matching it is a lot to absorb, but the two tone with black carpet, black dash, and standard black steering wheel makes for nice contrast and an elegant look. The pictures in this thread are way off in color - the correct shade is exactly as the name implies: similar to terra-cotta pottery or roof tiles, not the pumpkin orange shown in the pictures. Everyone who sees my car says the interior looks great in this color. For someone not afraid to be a little different from the herd, it's a nice option. Interiors in tan, black, or brown are everywhere. Nobody even gives them a second thought. I'll take my nicely balanced terra-cotta interior over the standard colors any day. I'll bet in years to come that terracotta will be the signature color of an era, whereas black, tan and brown will be omnipresent forever. Ever seen the Carrera GT with terracotta interior? Stunning.

But hey, differences of opinion are what makes for horse races. Just lighten up on the terracotta hating. You might be surprised to find that since a nice terracotta is harder to find that certain buyers will pay a premium to get the color combination they're passionate about. And just IMHO, if you're buying the car already stressing about how the interior will affect resale value, then you're not deciding based on what makes you happy - you're second guessing what will make some stranger happy when you bail out of the car in a few years. I plan on keeping mine for a long term relationship and if I ever do sell, I'll happily wait for just the right person to fall in love with the car. I've had some cars that took over a year to sell, but when the right person walks up the driveway the deal goes down in a blink, since he knows it will be damn near impossible to find another one.

As always, YMMV.
Old 01-09-2014 | 04:18 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by bill8411
Here's my .02 cents as well! I love the terra cotta interior and would not hesitate to buy a TT w one. I don't believe corporate Porsche is stupid, they offer this color for a reason. Of course, that coming from a guy owning an "orange" Porsche......
I agree with the guy who owns the orange TT!
Old 01-09-2014 | 04:23 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by heartman4ever
Sheesh, some of you guys must have a coronary attack when you see what Lamborghini does with some of their color combinations. My 2007 997 turbo 6 speed is basalt black / two tone terracotta interior and I went out of my way to get exactly this combination. I agree that with the carpets and steering wheel all matching it is a lot to absorb, but the two tone with black carpet, black dash, and standard black steering wheel makes for nice contrast and an elegant look. The pictures in this thread are way off in color - the correct shade is exactly as the name implies: similar to terra-cotta pottery or roof tiles, not the pumpkin orange shown in the pictures. Everyone who sees my car says the interior looks great in this color. For someone not afraid to be a little different from the herd, it's a nice option. Interiors in tan, black, or brown are everywhere. Nobody even gives them a second thought. I'll take my nicely balanced terra-cotta interior over the standard colors any day. I'll bet in years to come that terracotta will be the signature color of an era, whereas black, tan and brown will be omnipresent forever. Ever seen the Carrera GT with terracotta interior? Stunning. But hey, differences of opinion are what makes for horse races. Just lighten up on the terracotta hating. You might be surprised to find that since a nice terracotta is harder to find that certain buyers will pay a premium to get the color combination they're passionate about. And just IMHO, if you're buying the car already stressing about how the interior will affect resale value, then you're not deciding based on what makes you happy - you're second guessing what will make some stranger happy when you bail out of the car in a few years. I plan on keeping mine for a long term relationship and if I ever do sell, I'll happily wait for just the right person to fall in love with the car. I've had some cars that took over a year to sell, but when the right person walks up the driveway the deal goes down in a blink, since he knows it will be damn near impossible to find another one. As always, YMMV.

Lol so true! Lambo has the worst combinations in the industry lol blue $ yellow, red & Yellow, brown and green, blue lol

The worst part is when the owners join the forums and open a thread very proud of their cars and people will say things like

"Enjoy with health" I mean???? Seriously??? Guys whenever you post a picture of your new car and people don't say much but just worry about your HEALTH you better don't take more pics of that car! Or keep it to yourself!! Lol
Old 01-09-2014 | 04:27 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Sorry Lamborghini doesn't have the worst combinations... The worst combination is the 997TTS in VA
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2014 | 12:33 AM
550bryan
Pro

Originally Posted by bill8411
I just like seeing two orange car posts in a row...

Great thread!
I love the color of your car, but it's not orange, the GT3 above is orange, your cab seems tangerine to me, whatever it's called it's an over the top cool color…..
Old 01-10-2014 | 06:10 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Sorry Lamborghini doesn't have the worst combinations... The worst combination is the 997TTS in VA
OK, I would own that two-tone brown with a blue exterior in a heartbeat. Terra-cotta doesn't really do it for me but I do like some color and contrast. As you are driving down the highway, just watch all of the cars going by in the opposite direction. What percentage are black, white or grey? My Mercedes and my wife's truck are both white; I've never really cared in the past. But if I'm buying a 911 Turbo, it's got to have some color to it to make me smile.

Now that being said, I do think the white 997tt's look badass with black wheels, wing, and intakes. But I also think Bill's Orange TT is the coolest looking avatar on the site.
Old 01-10-2014 | 07:27 AM
handdoc
Rennlist Member

i love the 2 tone blk/tera interior, great looking on blk exterior...pm ttsurgeon he has that combo
Old 01-19-2014 | 06:30 PM
strato58
Burning Brakes

Why is it that people spend good money on a great car and then go with the bland interior color of grey (the worst) or black (2nd worst)? Personally I can't stand bland colors on these cars. I'm one to go out of my way to avoid that.

Quick Reply: Terra Cotta Interior