Sponsored by:

engine compartment blower

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 03:45 PM
scarter
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine compartment blower

Hello. I'm new here, but been involved with Porsche since my first 912. Now recently obtained 08 997 TT. I note that the blower never comes on when the engine is off. It runs when the engine is running. My 04 996 TT blower ran every time I shut it down, regardless of ambient temp. Dealer service checked it with computer and no faults noted. No dash faults either, but I found when I disconnected the fan, there was still no fault on dash [or on the service dept. computer] Car has passport installed and ipod player as aftermarket by previous owner. I've run the car for @1000 miles, in temps 40-70 F [live in TX].
Any 997 owner comments about frequency of blower running with engine shut down?
Attached Images    
Old 01-30-2011, 04:34 PM
dml
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

My experience too; I also had a 996 TT that did have blower on when engine off.
I asked the tech when in for service and he said it is normal.
Since that makes at least two of us I am inclined to think it is supposed to be.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:53 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by scarter
Hello. I'm new here, but been involved with Porsche since my first 912. Now recently obtained 08 997 TT. I note that the blower never comes on when the engine is off. It runs when the engine is running. My 04 996 TT blower ran every time I shut it down, regardless of ambient temp. Dealer service checked it with computer and no faults noted. No dash faults either, but I found when I disconnected the fan, there was still no fault on dash [or on the service dept. computer] Car has passport installed and ipod player as aftermarket by previous owner. I've run the car for @1000 miles, in temps 40-70 F [live in TX].
Any 997 owner comments about frequency of blower running with engine shut down?
Have the same year and model and live in Texas. Only time fan came on after shutdown was on a 100 degree day after I closed the garage. Your car is running normal.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:19 PM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2007 997 Turbo and my fan only comes on (after I shut down) when I drive it hard or when the outside temp is over 80F. If the temp is hot outside your cars fan could come on even after being in stop and go traffic. It rarely happens in the winter.

Quick Reply: engine compartment blower