Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track day at Thunderhill anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 11:11 PM
997at
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Track day at Thunderhill anyone?

Thought I'd post this on the turbo forum too since I figured you guys would be good for potential interest and some advice too.
I was looking at options to get a track day fix, and saw that Thunderhill (the CA one, not the Texas one) has an event on the 27th with a very reasonable fee. Check it out on their home page. I called the organizers today and there is still space, and no rain is expected that day (although it's too far ahead to know for sure). Let me know if anyone else is interested..........they have novice and advanced groups, and it would be nice to have a few 997s around.

This will be the first time I'll be on the track with the 997, so I was wondering if I could get some advice from those who have tracked their cars a bit. I have a 2006 C2S Cab all stock, and was wondering specifically how the brakes would hold up. I have tracked Thunderhill many times and know the track well, just not this car on track yet. Can they withstand heavy track use...........someone told me they are the same brakes as the 997.1 Turbo, in which case I assume they can take track duty (Turbo may weigh less, but its stopping from higher speeds). Anything else I should pay attention to, be wary of with the 997 on track besides have fun and keep the shiny side up?

Quick Reply: Track day at Thunderhill anyone?