Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4r-6...eature=related
Old 10-03-2010, 09:06 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Which did you order - EP1 or EP2?
I ordered the stage 1. Can't wait to install it.

Jay
Old 10-03-2010, 09:12 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
DJ 23 that is an awesome sound......exactly what the car needs.....Please let me know once you have it installed how you like the sound of it and wheather it does affect the performance positively
I don't think the stage 1 adds significant HP or torque. The data at this time is 18HP 22Nm. I'm purchasing this exhaust to improve upon that Porsche sound. No need to look for added power. I have all I need with stock set up.
Others have remarked however that the turbos spool up faster and it reaches boost faster. I'll let you know if there is a significant difference once installed.

Jay
Old 10-04-2010, 01:01 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The EP price is completely in line with all the rest, around the 4k mark. Remember, the euro has taken a dive, now that 6k exhaust is 4k-ish.
There are several great exhausts on the market, some I love, others I don't. Maybe I'll put up a thread on the subject...
I will say the EP is the most OEM-ish available.
c
Old 10-04-2010, 10:40 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
The EP price is completely in line with all the rest, around the 4k mark. Remember, the euro has taken a dive, now that 6k exhaust is 4k-ish.
There are several great exhausts on the market, some I love, others I don't. Maybe I'll put up a thread on the subject...
c
Plus you'll be astonished at the workmanship and quality that Stef and Herman put into the system - no worry about failing welds as other systems have experienced.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:00 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

c
Look again it is no longer the case. Dollar has weakened again to 1.37... Means the 4k euro exhaust was $4800 and is now $5400 over the last few days...

Have my heart set on one as well... It will be the only mod I plan to have. I am also very happy with stock, but I am also after the sound and the modest improvement is a plus... I am euro based anyway. I am hoping to come across one in Europe at some stage. There was a stage 2 for sale in the UK but I got scared of the sound. I prefer more than stock but not head turning...
Old 10-05-2010, 12:52 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Those tips look odd, are they mounted correctly?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:32 AM
btg0079
Track Day

Those tips look odd, are they mounted correctly?
They are mounted correctly. They angle the video was taken at give a real poor perspective on how the fit looks. The gap you see to the outer side on the tip looks very exaggerated in the picture and of course is shaped to fit the OEM tip the best. Even the dual round tips leave an odd gap on the outer side give the OEM shape of the hole. The picture gives the impression as the were mounted upside down, but when you see it in person, the fit looks totally different. I thought the same when i was looking at purchasing the system, but very pleased when I saw it in person. It's definitely a different look than the norm, but thats why I like it. Believe it or not...it does go well with the look of the car.

I see you're from LI....not sure where, but PM me if you're ever looking to stretch the legs on the TT's...always looking cruise with an TT owners.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:49 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by btg0079
They are mounted correctly. They angle the video was taken at give a real poor perspective on how the fit looks. The gap you see to the outer side on the tip looks very exaggerated in the picture and of course is shaped to fit the OEM tip the best. Even the dual round tips leave an odd gap on the outer side give the OEM shape of the hole. The picture gives the impression as the were mounted upside down, but when you see it in person, the fit looks totally different. I thought the same when i was looking at purchasing the system, but very pleased when I saw it in person. It's definitely a different look than the norm, but thats why I like it. Believe it or not...it does go well with the look of the car.

I see you're from LI....not sure where, but PM me if you're ever looking to stretch the legs on the TT's...always looking cruise with an TT owners.
They may be mounted correctly but the shape of the tip does not match the shape of the bumper opening...but as you say maybe it isn't supposed to. Maybe not upside down but are the right and left switched?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:53 AM
btg0079
Track Day

They may be mounted correctly but the shape of the tip does not match the shape of the bumper opening...but as you say maybe it isn't supposed to. Maybe not upside down but are the right and left switched?
the only tips that match the shape are the OEM tips....
Old 10-05-2010, 09:55 AM
btg0079
Track Day

right and left are not switched...they cant be given the design of the system.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:42 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by btg0079
right and left are not switched...they cant be given the design of the system.
I watched the video on thier website and am still a little confused. The photography isn't that clear but it looks like the tips in the video are the same shape as the bumper opening and completely fill the opening - you can see them move as the engine is revved. Maybe the video is a prototype?

http://www.capristoexhaust.us/Capris...97%20turbo.htm
Old 10-05-2010, 03:45 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I watched the video on thier website and am still a little confused. The photography isn't that clear but it looks like the tips in the video are the same shape as the bumper opening and completely fill the opening - you can see them move as the engine is revved. Maybe the video is a prototype?

^ + 1
The tips shown in Chris' post # 23 above and those shown in the video above are not the same.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:22 PM
btg0079
Track Day

You are correct...the tips in the video are different from the ones that I have. Capristo offers a number of different options. The tips you see in the video do fill out the hole in the bumper, but to me, didnt really look like a true exhaust tip. They've alos made some variations of what you see in the video, and what I have. I've attached some pics of the tips below. I chose the ones that are on the red TT
Attached Images        

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhaust system 997 TT.1