Sponsored by:

2010 TT...PDK Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 04:34 PM
sscofield
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 TT...PDK Issue

Own a 2010 TT with PDK. Have 9K on the car (January delivery). Live in the great plains of the US, therefore have not had hot weather until lately. Just developed a "chunk, chunk, chunk" sound in the rea-end when the car is hot (e.g. been driving when the temp is 80 degrees plus for an hour or more) and driving in first gear.

THIS EVENT ONLY HAPPENS IN FIRST GEAR AND WHEN THE CAR IS WARMED UP.

Porsche dealer's tech after analysis says it is the clutch preparing for the shift from first to second, and no casue for concern.

Any input would be appriciated....even if there is no need for concern, the sound is irritating...
Old 08-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sounds more like the sound of the dealer trying to slough off responsibility. I wouldn't accept that. Is there another dealer in your area?
Old 08-11-2010, 04:46 PM
sscofield
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thought...I live in SD, bought the car from the dealer in MN. I have bought four different new Porsche's from the deal and trust them implicitedly, but that does not mean they could have the wrong diagnosis. On the other hand, given the warranty, what would be their motive to not get a correct fix?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by sscofield
Good thought...I live in SD, bought the car from the dealer in MN. I have bought four different new Porsche's from the deal and trust them implicitedly, but that does not mean they could have the wrong diagnosis. On the other hand, given the warranty, what would be their motive to not get a correct fix?
Factory doesn't yet recognize the symptom as requiring any warranty repair.

Factory may recognize the symptom requires warranty repair but repair consists of new drivetrain/PDK controller firmware (software for embedded microprocessors) and the factory doesn't have a new tested released version ready to go yet.

Factory doesn't authorize sufficient time to do the job and dealer has to eat difference.

Dealer has no one trained on the transmission. Or more likely the transmission is not repairable at the dealer and new or remanufactured PDK transmissions are hard if not impossible to come by.

Dealer is stalling you hoping you go away or dealer incompetent. Some dealers are great places to buy a car but offer terrible service. This may be one such dealer.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:44 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

At what RPM does this happen at? Make sure it's not the rev limiter that you are hitting. Otherwise try another dealer and see what they say after doing a test drive.

Jay

Quick Reply: 2010 TT...PDK Issue