Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 TT PDK 1200 KMs (750 Miles) Driving Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 08:33 PM
SchH III
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T-Con: Not to fret...apparently you are unaware Porsche has a "special wishes" department (some German friends can provide the correct name as my German is terrible). If you can write the check it can be done. Your request should pose no problem whatsoever.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:28 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SchH III
T-Con: Not to fret...apparently you are unaware Porsche has a "special wishes" department (some German friends can provide the correct name as my German is terrible). If you can write the check it can be done. Your request should pose no problem whatsoever.
Really, I was not aware of it at all. If some German can clap their hands and make it happen without it costing way too much then I will do it. But I know I can do it for probably less than the cost for the options sourced from the factory here in the states.

I've been farting around with buying a BMW 135. Going to their website and choosing the options; they seem pretty cheap from what I've experienced with Porsche. Which reinforces my explanation for MSRP according to Porsche. Manufacturer's Suggested Rip-Off Pricing. Alas, I love Porsche and know they are expensive and overpriced. But hey, we all have our obsessions and vices!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:53 PM
tem0618
1st Gear

Thank you for this review its going to help me to decide to buy a new one.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:22 PM
k_ddsl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
On another I might be going to Kuwait to do some consulting. I for sure want to check out the scene there since there seems to be quite a few folks from there posting here and at six speed online dot com!
TC, you've got PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:25 PM
k_ddsl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DJ23
Great write up. And I would agree with you totally on sport versus non sport mode driving.

Jay
Originally Posted by Bob in NY
Thanks for the well written evaluation. I think the tone and droning you mention will be reduced after more driving and carbon is built up in your muffler system. This was my experience with an aftermarket system I had. I drove a PDK on the track for 2 days and it's a terrific system but takes some getting used too. I would like to see your evaluation after you have 5k miles on the car. All these cars take some seat time to better understand their characteristics. Great write, thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by tem0618
Thank you for this review its going to help me to decide to buy a new one.
My pleasure gents.

Bob, I will provide a follow up review at around 5k. Shouldn't be too long as I'm using it as a DD for now.

Quick Reply: 997.2 TT PDK 1200 KMs (750 Miles) Driving Impressions