Sponsored by:

New 997TT Allocations?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 04:37 PM
mdwac
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New 997TT Allocations?

Just curious if anyone is aware of dealers getting confirmed allocations of new cars. I heard from one dealer they have a car arriving in December and another that they have not even received any Jan build allocations?

Starting to get interested in the new car and just curious as to timing and depth of waitlists. For whatever it is worth, in my area this is always black magic.

TIA
Old 10-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Turbos in the US won't be released until January. Some dealers have November builds in production or on the way to, but not deliveries until January or later.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 11-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by mdwac
Just curious if anyone is aware of dealers getting confirmed allocations of new cars. I heard from one dealer they have a car arriving in December and another that they have not even received any Jan build allocations?

Starting to get interested in the new car and just curious as to timing and depth of waitlists. For whatever it is worth, in my area this is always black magic.

TIA
When shopping for my car (in Canada), the guys got a sense early in the conversation I was a serious buyer and due to buy a car in the next 30 days kind of thing. All dealers I spoke with had production slots - with no names beside the slots so I had the choice of three cars all pre-speced and two with production slots, yet no specs. My guess is despite the various techniques used by the good folks on the sales floor at your local Porsche dealer, you could have a slot pretty close to when you want to order (November eg) which was offered to me...delivery in January or early Feb. I had to wait because I wanted my lip spoiler and rear apron painted body colour (only available after February 2010!) but I will have the car in the spring. I am hearing the strategy is, and will be, that a bonafide deposit gets the dealer/ and you, a car - and some other dealer in the U.S or Canada, won't have three unsold units sitting in inventory...which makes perfect sense to me. I was never in the market for a Turbo 10 or 15 years ago when I understood the "list" actually existed, but we've hopefully evolved now to a level of maturity where the market is met with the correct amount of cars and some guy waving a deposit cheque of this size is respected and not subjected to the games played to 'alotments' and or 'you are a customer in good standing so you may get a car'. As a customer buying such a fine piece of machinery - and a career high I might add given we've earned the money though some pretty hard work, I would appreciate the professionalism. Then again, perhaps I read too much into these things.

Heck, the Ferrari dealer in Toronto I am told make 'buddy' buy a Masseratti Quatroporte for his wife ...then he PERMITS YOU to order a new Ferrari...oh vey..

Last edited by Overdraft; 11-01-2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: sorry..forgot a few words
Old 11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
pirateoc
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
When shopping for my car (in Canada), the guys got a sense early in the conversation I was a serious buyer and due to buy a car in the next 30 days kind of thing. All dealers I spoke with had production slots - with no names beside the slots so I had the choice of three cars all pre-speced and two with production slots, yet no specs. My guess is despite the various techniques used by the good folks on the sales floor at your local Porsche dealer, you could have a slot pretty close to when you want to order (November eg) which was offered to me...delivery in January or early Feb. I had to wait because I wanted my lip spoiler and rear apron painted body colour (only available after February 2010!) but I will have the car in the spring. I am hearing the strategy is, and will be, that a bonafide deposit gets the dealer/ and you, a car - and some other dealer in the U.S or Canada, won't have three unsold units sitting in inventory...which makes perfect sense to me. I was never in the market for a Turbo 10 or 15 years ago when I understood the "list" actually existed, but we've hopefully evolved now to a level of maturity where the market is met with the correct amount of cars and some guy waving a deposit cheque of this size is respected and not subjected to the games played to 'alotments' and or 'you are a customer in good standing so you may get a car'. As a customer buying such a fine piece of machinery - and a career high I might add given we've earned the money though some pretty hard work, I would appreciate the professionalism. Then again, perhaps I read too much into these things.

Heck, the Ferrari dealer in Toronto I am told make 'buddy' buy a Masseratti Quatroporte for his wife ...then he PERMITS YOU to order a new Ferrari...oh vey..
WOW..this is ridiculous. you have to buy a Maserati in order to place a order for Ferrari
I ordered mine turbo at pfaff porsche, and i got a Feb production slot. However, the contract sets the delivery date as Mar 31 instead of late Feb.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:18 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

welcome! tell us more about your new turbo!

Quick Reply: New 997TT Allocations?