Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FVD "Brombacher" Exhaust Sale for 997TT - 15% Off !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Default FVD "Brombacher" Exhaust Sale for 997TT - 15% Off !!

Our newest line of Brombacher exhaust features 2-¾ inch (70mm) tubing throughout the entire system. Just how big is 70mm? Well, in order to demonstrate, take a look in your refrigerator. Our 70mm turbo system tubing is the perfect fit for your 12oz can of soda.

The large tubing offers a substantial reduction in backpressure, extracts maximum performance and delivers a wicked exhaust note. This is demonstrated by the deep growl at idle, the off throttle “gurgle”, a prominent whine of the turbos under acceleration and the incredible symphony of destruction unleashed at wide open throttle. This is all accomplished without drone or resonance in the cabin.

http://multimedia.fvd-web.com/items/bes99715240s_2.wmv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lRT8M2YqdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw5QRpZPwac

Our "Brombacher" exhaust is manufactured to the highest of standards and is crafted by the same company who supplies systems for both the current Cup S and RSR models. If you’re looking for something tamer or more aggressive our system’s can accommodate your needs. Brombacher systems are available in several cat configurations utilizing HJS cores and 2 muffler configurations, TUV (quiet) and Sound Version (Loud). We also have models made with valves for the best of both worlds. You can also custom order your exhaust in a range or decibels that will suit your needs. Our systems are supplied with “true” larger dual outlet end tips as well as any OEM style using the supplied adapters.

For the ultimate in performance, the exhaust is also available in Titanium. Set yourself apart from the crowd and step up to the next level. Brombacher exhausts.

Interested? How does an introductory offer of 15% off sound?

997 TT "Brombacher" (Sound Version), Cat Bypass = $ 2,204.00

997 TT "Brombacher" (Sound Version), 100 Cell = $ 3,677.00

997 TT "Brombacher" (Sound Version), 200 Cell = $ 3,897.00

997 TT "Brombacher" (TUV Version, Quiet), 200 Cell = $ 3,897.00

997 TT "Brombacher" (Sound Version),200 Cell w/ valves = $ 5,185.00

Need more information? Visit our website:
http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/9...port-Cats.html

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Old 08-14-2009, 04:35 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 170 Posts

Hey Rhonda,
I drove to work today with the windows down and radio off...just listened to that exhaust and turbos spooling...can't get enough of it...plus took the time to "school" a WRX that was tailgating me...damn this car is quick now...
Old 08-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I am so glad that you are happy with the exhaust and now the headers!! I am sure the car is sounding more menacing than ever!! I can just imagine that the WRX wanted so badly to keep up with you just to hear the symphony coming from your boxer motor!!
Old 08-16-2009, 03:39 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow... the sound version is throaty and racy. Nice work!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

These look nice ... the external sound sounds pretty good, too. Altho, a bit 'girtty'.

I love my 997 Turbo car ... I like the top down driving and the power of the thing. The Turbo is the best of the P-cars I've had .... and I've had several Porsches over the years.

And, yet ....

The car sounds very anemic to me. Top up, top down .... just pathetic. Yes, it's fast as hell, but where's the sound?

I've toyed with hooking up some new cans on the 997 TT, but I'm afraid of resonance in the cabin. I've had resonance before. In my 993 ... the SO hates it and refuses to ride in the car. I have to moderate the revs to keep it OK for her.

Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish ... I need more grumble/growl at idle and when I accelerate ... plus, I want some gurgle off throttle ... and most of all ... I don't want any resonance in the cabin. NONE! I don't give a hang about increasing the power, altho that would be nice. And, the unattractive oem tips suck (IMO) and a couple different tubes coming out of the back would be kewl, too. Black chrome would be great.

Anyone wanna give me some help ? It's certainly appreciated. Thanx.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:46 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

My wife is VERY sensitive to this stuff and the FVD has zero resonance...she has no problem whatsoever with it...
Old 08-16-2009, 10:01 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Bagger, for a cab I'd go tubi, zero drone. I have them on my car, if the fvd was out back then I'd have gotten them...but mine is a coupe. Totally different drone situation.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

I've spent some time listening to the various clips of the fvd and Tubi tonight. Matter of fact, I had Tubi on my '03 M5 and liked it a great deal.

But ...

The fvd sounds better in the clips than the Tubi to me.

I guess it depends on what one hears and how it relates to "sounds good".

I'll prolly have to listen to a fvd personally vs the Tubi to determine which one I wanna spend north of $4G's US for some sound, eh.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:01 AM
tclayj
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tubi, Cargraphic, GMG or FVD. After months of research and mutiple phone calls I chose FVD. Could not be happier. Great sound and performance. Very aggressive sound out of the cabin when desired, otherwise, with proper throttle its tame with a threatening growl and rumble. Inside no drone or problems using the phone or listening to the radio. Stage II APR upgrade today. Thanks Rhonda, most excellent customer service!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Baggerdude

Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish ... I need more grumble/growl at idle and when I accelerate ... plus, I want some gurgle off throttle ... and most of all ... I don't want any resonance in the cabin. NONE! I don't give a hang about increasing the power, altho that would be nice. And, the unattractive oem tips suck (IMO) and a couple different tubes coming out of the back would be kewl, too. Black chrome would be great.

Anyone wanna give me some help ? It's certainly appreciated. Thanx.
Baggerdude,

With the FVD Brombacher sound version muffler with 200 cell cats you will certainly get the lowest growl at idle and partial throttle. You will also get a beautiful gurgle off throttle. I can guarantee that you won't have any resonance. None at all. In fact if you buy this muffler I will give you a guarantee. You don't like it for any reason and I will take it back. Our system has true dual outlet tips. We are looking into black chrome as we have had a few request's for this already. I will certainly let you know when they are available.

Our price is sensational considering that you get the tips as well. Tubi's race system's typically go for around $ 4,500.00 without tips. Our system would save you $ 600.00 on the muffler alone. Not to mention that future emission law's will certainly become more stringent.

Thanks,
Rhonda
Old 08-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tclayj
Tubi, Cargraphic, GMG or FVD. After months of research and mutiple phone calls I chose FVD. Could not be happier. Great sound and performance. Very aggressive sound out of the cabin when desired, otherwise, with proper throttle its tame with a threatening growl and rumble. Inside no drone or problems using the phone or listening to the radio. Stage II APR upgrade today. Thanks Rhonda, most excellent customer service!
tclayj,

I am so glad you are happy with your choice! Happy customer's are my job though, no need to thank me. I am just thrilled that you love the exhaust! I just wish I had a turbo I can just imagine hearing that growl every time I fired it up!!
Old 08-17-2009, 04:10 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Bagger, Rhonda is making you an unbelievable great deal, go for it!
c
Old 08-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Baggerdude,

With the FVD Brombacher sound version muffler with 200 cell cats you will certainly get the lowest growl at idle and partial throttle. You will also get a beautiful gurgle off throttle. I can guarantee that you won't have any resonance. None at all. In fact if you buy this muffler I will give you a guarantee. You don't like it for any reason and I will take it back. Our system has true dual outlet tips. We are looking into black chrome as we have had a few request's for this already. I will certainly let you know when they are available.

Our price is sensational considering that you get the tips as well. Tubi's race system's typically go for around $ 4,500.00 without tips. Our system would save you $ 600.00 on the muffler alone. Not to mention that future emission law's will certainly become more stringent.

Thanks,
Rhonda
Hey, Rhonda ...

Thanx for the help. I appreciate your 'guarantee' regarding any problem I may have with the sound of this piece. That's really nice.

I've listened to quite a few clips of the 200 cell/sound version of the FVD ... and quite frankly (as usual on the Internet) the sound is not what it would be in person. Raspy comes to mind. Sorry. I've done this before with Tubi on my M5, a Vette and my 993 with FabSpeeds. What sounds good ... and has great reviews does not always live up to the promise in person. Only the Tubi on the M5 was kewl. That is just the way it is. And, I understand this. It is not a criticism at all.

I will seriously consider purchasing this exhaust system, Rhonda. I think the folks that have recommended it ... included yourself ... are great proponents for the unit. That's terrific !

I still have to come up with an 'unscheduled' $4Gs to purchase this system ... and, I'd love black chrome tips, too. I suppose they will be 'more bucks', tho. I suppose I could have these powder coated altho I've heard that this is not a good idea ... tho it has done well with me before.

Lemme know when the black chrome tips will be available.

BTW ... does the 200 cell/sound version require any 'adjustments' to the EMS (engine management system ?), or anything else to make it 'go'? Or, is it just simple 'bolt on' unit?
Old 08-17-2009, 11:37 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Baggerdude...I spent a lot of time on this project...I would be shocked if you didn't love the FVD. No computer work is necessary...just get a quality installer. AND GET THE HEADERS TOO...you won't regret it...
Old 08-18-2009, 12:05 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 137 Posts

So many mods, so little money
The 200 cat sound version is on the top of my list for an exhaust upgrade. Sounds phenomenal.

Bagger, weren't you on M5Board a few years back? Hated the E60 M5? What did you end up getting instead?

Quick Reply: FVD "Brombacher" Exhaust Sale for 997TT - 15% Off !!