Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Lip for Turbo Babe (TechArt Spoiler Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 01:35 PM
cannga
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Lip for Turbo Babe (TechArt Spoiler Pictures)

$$ continues to pour into my Turbo post Bilstein and Cargraphic exhaust, now that I am assured she's a keeper for many years and the love has deepened into obsession .

Kidding aside, having replaced the wheels and that trapezoidal exhaust tip, the one last weakness of the Turbo exterior design remains that front spoiler in my opinion. It is thin and therefore "weak" looking. I have lusted after the Techart lip on eclou's car for a long, long, long time but couldn't justify the horrendous $2400. When I saw one on ebay for a much more reasonable 800, well...

Old 03-01-2009, 01:35 PM
cannga
Instructor

Pre TechArt:

Old 03-01-2009, 03:21 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,237 Likes on 607 Posts

I spy CheapArt splitters too! Great job!!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Looks Great!!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:55 PM
GT
Instructor

you should really get the gt2 side skirts now. Not only they look a lot better but also they will fit a lot better that techart lip!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:16 PM
AAHTT
Racer

very nice Can, I have been lusting for one too, but never had the courage because of the constant scraping in my non-lowered car. is the front clearance significantly lower than before?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful car and great photos!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Gorgeous, I love guards red and the HREs(?) or are they Champions?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:20 PM
cannga
Instructor

Hi Anthony,

On my 10mm lowered car, the TechArt lip scrapes perhaps a little less than the stock lip because of the way it's shaped. eclou (I think?) told me this prior to my purchase and I've found it to be true.

BTW if you look carefully, you'll see the skid plate made for me by our friends at Stuttgart http://www.stuttgartperformance.com .
It's ABS plastic that was cut using a custom made pattern that Stuttgart had created for this particular TechArt lip for a prior customer. It's about 1 inch across, 2-3 feet long per side, about 1/4 inch thick and it runs along the edge of the spoiler. After the initial cut using a water saw, the ABS leading border was chamferred and attached onto the spoiler with counter-sunk rivets. So the $$$ lip is now very well protected.

Originally Posted by AAHTT
very nice Can, I have been lusting for one too, but never had the courage because of the constant scraping in my non-lowered car. is the front clearance significantly lower than before?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:31 PM
cannga
Instructor

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. (eclou, thanks for your help. I just searched ebay for the deal per your rec.)

Originally Posted by Porsche 25th
Gorgeous, I love guards red and the HREs(?) or are they Champions?
Thanks. The wheels are HRE P40, 19 inch, silver finish.

Last edited by cannga; 03-02-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:38 PM
AAHTT
Racer

Originally Posted by cannga
Hi Anthony,

On my 10mm lowered car, the TechArt lip scrapes perhaps a little less than the stock lip because of the way it's shaped. eclou (I think?) told me this prior to my purchase and I've found it to be true.

BTW if you look carefully, you'll see the skid plate made for me by our friends at Stuttgart http://www.stuttgartperformance.com .
It's ABS plastic that was cut using a custom made pattern that Stuttgart had created for this particular TechArt lip for a prior customer. It's about 1 inch across, 2-3 feet long per side, about 1/4 inch thick and it runs along the edge of the spoiler. After the initial cut using a water saw, the ABS leading border was chamferred and attached onto the spoiler with counter-sunk rivets. So the $$$ lip is now very well protected.
Thanks Can, good to know that it may have better clearance than stock. I had similar plastic lip protectors made by eclou but unfortunately they made the lip scrape earlier and the screws didn't last very long. I now have a spare lip in the garage waiting for this one to expire.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Napoli
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Love the look - and the protection from scraping. The lip looks so much more integrated than the original.

BTW, browsing the TechArt site and finding US dealers only in CA & FL; short of going to them, how does a naive boy in NC get a new TechArt lip on his 997T?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Drool...
Old 03-02-2009, 12:49 PM
cannga
Instructor

Vivid Racing carries TechArt "body parts." No personal affilitation but this is a well known shop with very good reputation (owner posts on www.6speedonline.com). It wouldn't hurt to ask for a discount. Good luck and have fun modding. Turbo Baby = the gift that keeps taking .

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/techart-front-spoiler-i-porsche-997-tt-07-p-30428.html

Originally Posted by Napoli
Love the look - and the protection from scraping. The lip looks so much more integrated than the original.

BTW, browsing the TechArt site and finding US dealers only in CA & FL; short of going to them, how does a naive boy in NC get a new TechArt lip on his 997T?
Old 03-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Napoli
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cannga
Vivid Racing carries TechArt "body parts." No personal affilitation but this is a well known shop with very good reputation (owner posts on www.6speedonline.com). It wouldn't hurt to ask for a discount. Good luck and have fun modding. Turbo Baby = the gift that keeps taking .

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/techart-front-spoiler-i-porsche-997-tt-07-p-30428.html

Thanks for the link. Can any local trusted car-tech type install this?

Quick Reply: New Lip for Turbo Babe (TechArt Spoiler Pictures)