Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hose (into plenum) pop off! Silicone replacement...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:19 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts
Question Hose (into plenum) pop off! Silicone replacement...

I had a repeated problem of the turbo hose coming loose or completely popping off! Thus resulting in a sudden loss of power and a whooshing noise similar to that of a jet taking off.

Although my dealer is replacing all the relevant hoses today with oem parts, I've been trying to find out whether there's someone out there who makes a complete Silicone Hose kit for the 997TT.

I did contact Dan at Vivid Racing and he was kind enough to let me know that they are testing their kit and they'll update me when it's available.

I also wondered whether anyone on this board has had a similar issue with the hose/s on their TT?
Old 11-06-2008, 11:54 AM
AAHTT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
I had a repeated problem of the turbo hose coming loose or completely popping off! Thus resulting in a sudden loss of power and a whooshing noise similar to that of a jet taking off.

Although my dealer is replacing all the relevant hoses today with oem parts, I've been trying to find out whether there's someone out there who makes a complete Silicone Hose kit for the 997TT.

I did contact Dan at Vivid Racing and he was kind enough to let me know that they are testing their kit and they'll update me when it's available.

I also wondered whether anyone on this board has had a similar issue with the hose/s on their TT?
I just had a major plenum hose problem during my first run at the Texas Mile including cracked oem hoses and check valve which ruined my trip. I have an IPD plenum but the hoses that cracked and popped off were oem (behind the plenum).
don't know of any silicone solution, just replaced with oem parts again.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:55 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by AAHTT
I just had a major plenum hose problem during my first run at the Texas Mile including cracked oem hoses and check valve which ruined my trip. I have an IPD plenum but the hoses that cracked and popped off were oem (behind the plenum).
don't know of any silicone solution, just replaced with oem parts again.
My dealer has just replaced (under warranty) the hose and clamps... I am still going to carry on my search for silicone hoses though.

A side question... is your warranty affected at all by your installation of the IPD plenum?
Old 11-07-2008, 12:15 PM
AAHTT
Racer

Originally Posted by Haku
My dealer has just replaced (under warranty) the hose and clamps... I am still going to carry on my search for silicone hoses though.

A side question... is your warranty affected at all by your installation of the IPD plenum?
I dont know, did the work myself. I assume yes, when they see it is not stock they will not work on it I am pretty sure.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:48 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

check www.evoms.com. evolution motorsport probably has the silicone hoses for the 997.

Quick Reply: Hose (into plenum) pop off! Silicone replacement...