Sponsored by:

Has anyone tried the Upsolute ECU tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:06 PM
mgarbe
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone tried the Upsolute ECU tuning

These folks place ads in every issue of Excellence magazine. They quote the same performance improvements as GIAC and others but at a price under $1000.00. So, the question is has anyone used them and are they a recommended ecu tuning company for the 997TT? Thanks.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:30 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I think you get what you pay for here. Do you really want a cheap ecu tune potentially doing a lot of damage to your 130k car's engine?
Go with an established co, I used PES, they have been very good. GIAC is pretty damn good too, and well established. Not the time to scrimp pennies. jmo
c
Old 10-09-2008, 10:37 PM
yvesatlanta
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts

A lot of the top companies now have flashes in the 1,250$ range. I went with the FVD (can easily be reflashed from your own computer) and am very happy with it.
Opinions on Upsolute are very mixed. A lot of people bash them, but I've never seen any evidence of destroyed engines. Most people who report on them are happy with the extra performance.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Arnies
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it on my 2003 since I got it. Dyno before and after added 105 HP and 110 ft/lbs. No problems. This company has been around a long time in Europe so do not caterogize it as a new company. They also provide a lift time guantee through there dealers. They just do not have all the bells and whistles some of the other companies have. You can not turn it on or off. I would do it again. I have heard of some problems with ABS failure light coming on (the ABS still worked) They have fixed that problem

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried the Upsolute ECU tuning