Window leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:21 AM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Window leak

I have a new issue on the car. The rear 1/4 windows have a small leak that happens when you wash the car using a regular water hose and nozzle. The dealer has tried to solve the issue and yesterday tried 2 other turbos on the lot that had same or worse results. It happens if you stand forward of the door to rear body gap and spray the window body area. The window is a unit that bolts in and comprises the glass, frame and seal. They have tried all the adjustments on the window and can almost get it to stop.
Now I'm not talking about water pouring in on mine just drops on the inside of the window. However the other car leaked a lot worse. They have sent a technical request to Porsche Germany to see if this is a 997 issue across the board. There is no wind noise associated with this and since I don't take my car out in the rain have only seen it when washing.
Anyway just thought I would throw it out there to see who else might have this issue.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 924 Likes on 559 Posts

I had a rattle in the rear 1/4 passenger side window. Loose glass in exactly the position you describe. The dealer tech took it apart and said it was loose spacers. Tightened it all up. Rattle gone now.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:47 PM
Ken89911T
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I noticed a tiny leak from the passenger rear window when hosing that area while washing the car. Now I just don't go full force at that particular spot. Rinsing is with low flow run-off, top to bottom without any pressure.

Thanks for bringing it up, I'll have dealer look at it when I go in for some other "adjustments" (leaking expansion tank cap, fractured seam on sun visor, slight fogging of headlight lens, oscillating sound from right rear at 19-22 mph and again at 52-55 mph).

Ken
Old 06-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Ari 997TT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't had any problem like this, either when washing or driving in the rain. (Now watch, it'll happen next time!)
Old 06-04-2008, 05:30 PM
resman
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driver rear on my TT was loose from factory. Dealer fixed it.
When you would knock on the window it would rattle, as with driving around in general, any bump would cause it to rattle loudly. Did not leak water though.

Quick Reply: Window leak