Sponsored by:

Sport chrono question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:49 PM
TedC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport chrono question

Do you guys use it often? It seems unlikely that someone will keep pressing the sport mode each time they get into the car. I suspect that most cars with sport chrono are probably not being used often.

BTW does the sport mode lower the car also? or only stiffens the suspension.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:04 PM
cannga
Instructor

I would *guess* a majority of people drive with Sport mode on and PASM at normal (not firm). Although the firmness automatically increases when Sport mode is on, it could be adjusted independently of Sport mode and IMHO is better set at normal (non-firm).
Sport mode changes throttle response (more responsive subjectively), increases max boost, horse power, and torque. It also increases rear drive bias. It does not lower the car.
Sport Chrono/Mode is in general considered a must-have option.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:11 PM
TedC
Intermediate

I've used it a couple of times and it does make the car much more responsive and harder to shift, it is nice once in a while, but wondering if anyone presses it each time as a must turn on when driving.

I agree it is a must have option, but i think after a while most poeple will not bother to press the button.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:37 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use it when I want to experience the boost function. But for everyday, I just leave it off.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Ari 997TT
Instructor

I use the car as a DD and find myself turning sport mode on pretty much all the time except when sitting in traffic (throttle response too peaky for crawling along in heavy traffic). I think it makes the car really come alive. On the local roads here, especially after the Spring thaw, I usually put PASM back on Normal after engaging sport mode. I do find it a bit annoying that one has to re-engage it each time one starts the car. I'd rather that all settings defaulted to the last used settings when restarting.

Quick Reply: Sport chrono question