997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for a PA/NJ/NY Spring Fling?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008 | 02:59 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Default Time for a PA/NJ/NY Spring Fling?

Spring Fling: Saturday April 19th 2008
Lambertville, NJ

A spirited drive along the Delaware River and through the quiet back-roads of Eastern PA. Come equipped with a camera, your Porsche and ready for a ride to blow the winter cobwebs off your car.

Meeting point:
Lambertville Municipal Court
25 S Union St, Lambertville, NJ 08530

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...wloc=addr&om=0

Arrive: 7:15 to 7:45am
Driver's Meeting 7:45am
Depart: 8am Sharp!
Old 02-03-2008 | 02:20 AM
StickShift964
Race Car

Winter cob-webs? Meh, as long as there isnt snow for the PS2's to slip on the 911 is driven! Hopefully I can attend, sounds like it will be fun!
Old 03-22-2008 | 09:57 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Bump!

Everything is still on - let's hope for good weather.
Old 03-25-2008 | 08:19 PM
NiteJav
Burning Brakes

A quick FYI if you plan to use river road on the PA side between pt plesant and frenchtown, be advised on occasion there is a state trooper that may sit in one of those deep shoulders near the boyscout camp area instant on'ing unsuspectiving drivers enjoying the road. Its a bs 35 zone I got a warning for 51 in a 35. Mainly because I saw him he gave me the nod and I jammed on the brakes stopped and backed into the shoulder area so he didn't have to come chase me. I explained I knew the road very well and knew it was too dangerous for him to pull me over in any other area. Thankfully he agreed and was very nice and let me go with a written warning. Irony here was I was on my way to meet with my lawyer about another speeding offence in NJ and I was taking it easy that day on that road enjoying the scenery and a cool fall day. In all honesty it should be 50 in most of those strait areas when you arent near houses. Radar detector was no good because he instant on'ed me and well I was only car on the road coming over a slight crest.

I got lucky that day so if you are in area where there is no where for them to hide well have fun, but if you are near any of those large shoulders beware. I've traveled that stretch a hundred + times in the last 10 years and while it is rare you don't want to to land on you. Also the frenchtown cops are complete jerks and will stop at nothing to pull someone for 26mph in their many 25mph zones. Its pretty much a trap town and thats how they fund themselves.
Old 04-12-2008 | 05:04 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for the warning.

I know what you mean - it's great area to go and play, but you have to be so careful. Frenchtown is particularly bad. A car on our last drive got a ticket for 36mph in a 25 zone. That's just not even a joke.
Old 04-19-2008 | 03:43 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Well, we had a great turnout today - 65 cars showed up at Lambertville this morning. We the exception of a small group we managed to keep everyone together. I was quite impressed to lose so few cars out of such a large group.

We had some fantastic cars show up and it was great to see everyone - the good weather brought out a nice array of convertibles and garage queens alike.

Thanks to all those who joined us from Long Island and Manhattan - it was great to have you with us - it always amazes me that you guys drive 3 hours to get to us, but we're glad that you do!

A big thank you to everyone who participated - I'll make a big plea - if you took photographs, please please please - I'd appreciate it if you could send copies to me for use on a website compilation of photos from the event. I'll also assemble a collage for use in our local PCA monthly magazine when I get around to writing up the review of the event. PM me and I'll give you an email address to send the photos to.

Please check out the thread in the 996 forum (link in my sig) to see some photos that I posted from today - more to follow as people send them to me (hint hint!)

Thanks again and I hope to see you all again soon!

Quick Reply: Time for a PA/NJ/NY Spring Fling?