Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The sum of all we "know" on the 997 facelift?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008 | 08:59 AM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Default The sum of all we "know" on the 997 facelift?

same post as the one I put on Rennteam

I've been looking for weeks/months and found lots of conflicting info on what will be part of the facelift and what won't... Examples: direct injection = power increase, LED lights, PDK- (7 gears or 6 gears?), same front end, different front end with R8 type LEDs... Huge price increase vs no price increase, M97 vs GT3 type motor, etc. etc.
I'm currently living in the UK but I'm moving back to the US in March and ordered a new TT with PDK for when it comes out and I'm trying to find out when I'll get it and what it will have.
What I really want is a C4S with PDK and a few options (I have a 996 RSR to race when I want to get speed out of my system so don't need the hp) but I ordered the TT as I thought that it would get me PDK quicker...
I would love to hear from people who "know"... Please don't post if you're just surmising - plenty such info is already available.

Thanks to all and best wishes for the new year
JM
Old 01-03-2008 | 09:59 AM
Alex (UK)
Racer

Same response as I put on Rennteam

Anyone that 'knows' certainly won't post such information!!

I myself occasionally get insider info from my contacts within Porsche but am told not to divulge externally, to which I certainly try to honor.

Speculation, rumors and spy shots is all we really have I am afraid.

My personal ‘feel’ from all the rumors is that a Turbo with PDK is a LONG way off still (read at least end of 2009). Porsche will be principally concentrating on lowering CO2 emissions across the range, and the new Panamera development far more than replacing Tiptronic with PDK. Also, I think the Carreras will get PDK before the Turbo given the reported development issues handling the Turbo torque figures.

Quick Reply: The sum of all we "know" on the 997 facelift?