Sponsored by:

My Weekend with the EVOMS EVT700 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:00 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default My Weekend with the EVOMS EVT700 997TT

Before I go into the whole story, I would like top point out that this is the same car that ran 10.88 (Before the EVT700 kit) and has trapped as high as 133MPH here in Arizona.
It is also the same car that ran 189mph at the Texas Mile this past summer.
On Thursday I received a call from Mike and Dan wondering if I wanted to take their EVT700 997TT for the weekend to get some good miles on the package prior to its release date. It was against my better judgment and after a lot of arm twisting that I reluctantly agreed.

I picked up the car at lunch on Friday:

The front end of the car has been changed to a GT3RS bumper. Tinted taillights and side markers, CF Headlight rings, front lip spoiler, Mirrors and rear Widow Spoiler are the only aesthetic modifications (Besides the black 19” Fikse’s over the Ceramic rotors with red calipers)
The Euro 997 GT3 seats were wonderful, much more comfortable than my Euro 996 GT3 seats. The rear seats have been removed and a matte black RS Roll Bar is in place as well as a set of Schroth 997 GT3 Harnesses.
PSM off, Sport button on (An exercise that I practiced every time I turned the car on, all weekend long). I noticed that the EVO Stage 3 Clutch with alloy Flywheel is a bit touchy and took a bit of getting used to. The engagement is very short and taking off from a stop light, the average driver could stall it pretty easily. It took a bit of getting used to, but I only stalled it once the whole weekend. I actually like the clutch and the way it engages now that I am used to it.
My first impressions of the car is that is very fast and power is extremely linear. Second gear hits hard and the car spins all 4 tires trough the 1st half of third. (I ran the car on pump gas mode and 91 octane fuel all weekend, the AWHP on Pump is 600 on race map and 100+ octane the car really opens up to an amazing 650+ AWHP.) The straight pipes are a bit loud for the average driver, but since I am not the average driver, I loved the sound, my wife spent the whole weekend with me and the car as well and she did not seem to mind, but she is used to all of my Porsches being pretty loud.
First stop, my office.
The owner of my company has a couple of Porsches, one of which is a 997TT Tip (that he ran bone stock to an 11.60 at 121mph here in AZ) so I wanted to take him for a quick ride. He was obviously blown away by how fast & responsive the car was. His only complaint was how loud it was; otherwise he loved everything about it.
I took a couple of other friends and neighbors out for a quick ride then put the car away for the night.

Saturday:

In the morning I went and got some coffee with a friend and former (in the 1970’s) Porsche factory driver and took him for a spin. He liked the car very much.
Since they asked me to put miles on the car, I decided to grab my wife and head up to Prescott which is about 3 hours north of Scottsdale. We took a pretty scenic route (The 87 up through Payson) trough the mountains and enjoyed a pretty wide open road.
Here I was able to stretch the cars legs (In Mexico) and exercised it at full boost trough all gears. The power delivery trough 3rd 4th and 5th is unbelievable.
Here are some shots of Saturday’s drive:

Old 12-17-2007, 10:01 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

We decided to swing by a local weekly car show (Pavillions) on Saturday night.

After spending close to 7 hours in the car, we decided to call it a night.

LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Sunday:

There was a benefit car show for Alex Ahmad, a Supra driver who was killed when a bank robber hit him head on while fleeing from police here in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. There were about 100 cars there and it was a pretty sad sight as this gentleman was a big enthusiast like all of us and this happened so quickly. He had many friends in the local car community. RIP

Off to the Autocross.
While most of you would think that I am crazy for taking a car like this one to an AutoX, I was planning on going to this in my GT3 and the GT3 was at EVO so I had to run something, right?
Overall pretty impressed with the car’s performance there. 1st place was 32 seconds (yes, it was a small and very tight course, I never got out of 2nd gear) Lotus Elise race car on slicks. We (My wife rode with me on all 4 runs) ran (2) 39 second runs and (2) 38 second runs for a best time of 38.01 which was the second fastest car on street tires.
Here are some pics:

Last but not least, we had to grab a few things from the grocery store and decided to take the Turbo for that too.

At the office this morning:

All in all, I am absolutely in love with this car. Everything about it was perfect. I want to buy it. My wife loves it. I don’t want to give it back. This kit is amazing as it is violently fast when you need it to be, but drives like a regular 997TT on a daily basis. They are currently working on the full package and I am not sure on their release date yet, but if you get a chance to drive or ride in one of these bad boys, please do yourself a favor and take them up on it. The guys at Evo really knocked it out of the park with the EVT700 997TT kit. Nice work fellas!!!!
Keep watching this thread for additional updates and testing of the car with the Race gas file coming up.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:15 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

i just came in my pants
Old 12-18-2007, 12:13 AM
mkozink
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LUISJR993
Before I go into the whole story, I would like top point out that this is the same car that ran 10.88 (Before the EVT700 kit) and has trapped as high as 133MPH here in Arizona.
It is also the same car that ran 189mph at the Texas Mile this past summer.
On Thursday I received a call from Mike and Dan wondering if I wanted to take their EVT700 997TT for the weekend to get some good miles on the package prior to its release date. It was against my better judgment and after a lot of arm twisting that I reluctantly agreed.

I picked up the car at lunch on Friday:

The front end of the car has been changed to a GT3RS bumper. Tinted taillights and side markers, CF Headlight rings, front lip spoiler, Mirrors and rear Widow Spoiler are the only aesthetic modifications (Besides the black 19” Fikse’s over the Ceramic rotors with red calipers)
The Euro 997 GT3 seats were wonderful, much more comfortable than my Euro 996 GT3 seats. The rear seats have been removed and a matte black RS Roll Bar is in place as well as a set of Schroth 997 GT3 Harnesses.
PSM off, Sport button on (An exercise that I practiced every time I turned the car on, all weekend long). I noticed that the EVO Stage 3 Clutch with alloy Flywheel is a bit touchy and took a bit of getting used to. The engagement is very short and taking off from a stop light, the average driver could stall it pretty easily. It took a bit of getting used to, but I only stalled it once the whole weekend. I actually like the clutch and the way it engages now that I am used to it.
My first impressions of the car is that is very fast and power is extremely linear. Second gear hits hard and the car spins all 4 tires trough the 1st half of third. (I ran the car on pump gas mode and 91 octane fuel all weekend, the AWHP on Pump is 600 on race map and 100+ octane the car really opens up to an amazing 650+ AWHP.) The straight pipes are a bit loud for the average driver, but since I am not the average driver, I loved the sound, my wife spent the whole weekend with me and the car as well and she did not seem to mind, but she is used to all of my Porsches being pretty loud.
First stop, my office.
The owner of my company has a couple of Porsches, one of which is a 997TT Tip (that he ran bone stock to an 11.60 at 121mph here in AZ) so I wanted to take him for a quick ride. He was obviously blown away by how fast & responsive the car was. His only complaint was how loud it was; otherwise he loved everything about it.
I took a couple of other friends and neighbors out for a quick ride then put the car away for the night.
The car looks quite fantastic. I particularly like the GT3 RS front bumper. Any changes to the OE suspension?
Old 12-18-2007, 12:24 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks great except for the stickers and black tail lights, not feeling that at all.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:15 AM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mkozink
The car looks quite fantastic. I particularly like the GT3 RS front bumper. Any changes to the OE suspension?
The car had a set of Motons on it for a while but they were not compatible with the PASM, so while the car handled great with them, they took them off. Currently it has a set of H&R springs on the stock suspension and new PASM friendly coilover suspension is on it's way.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:51 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Here are some shots of the interior for those of you who requested them.

Evo Steering Wheel:

Euro 997 GT3 Seats & Harnesses:

Seats & RollBar:

Sharkwerks Fire Extinguisher and bracket:
Old 12-23-2007, 10:12 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Ok,

So a few of us decided to go to the drag strip today at Speedworld here in AZ.

We had the following cars there:

Me EVT 700 (11.2, 133mph)

RenntechV12 GT700 GT2 (11.0, 135 mph)

Mike@Evo GT750 3.8 996TT (?, 137 mph)

Fred 997TT EVT610 Tip (11.4, 119)

Tony Gallardo Spyder (12.3, 113)

2 Vipers (Low 12's)

2 SL 65's (one of them a Renntech car) (11.5 and 11.0, 120 and 126 mph)

Mini Cooper S with mods (14.9 @ 95mph)

Great day. Temps were in the mid to upper 60's and the track was pretty sticky.

I was running Street Michelin PS2's ont he Fikse 19"s and was having a very hard time with traction. I could not get the car to hook up right for the life of me. (This is my 1st time at the drag strip with a Turbo) My best time was an 11.2 and my best trap speed was 133.7 mph.

Here are some photos:

SL 65's:

Mike's GT750 3.8:

Vipers:

EVT610 Tip:

Joe's GT2:

Old 12-23-2007, 10:24 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Gallardo Spyder:

Buick Grand National: