Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche vs. Lexus service?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:27 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

pole position +++1...Lexus makes me sick. Also, my last couple of 997's have required very litttle maintenance. To me Lexus has replaced Cadillac.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:16 AM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry Adams
I only buy a new Porsche every 10 years,
Dude, I hope you don't deprive your self the pleasure of 3 or 4 pre owned during that decade as well....lifes to short for only a few p-cars. lol
Old 11-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Army

Received 938 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by whyb2nd
Dude, I hope you don't deprive your self the pleasure of 3 or 4 pre owned during that decade as well....lifes to short for only a few p-cars. lol
So many cars, so little garage space.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:38 AM
2thfixr
Instructor

Agreed, Lexus service is EXCELLENT and I always get a ES350 or a RX350 loaner. My MB dealer has been great but not quite up to Lexus standards and I always get a C230 or ML350 loaner. My Porsche dealership gives me excellent personalized service and the tech always talks to me when I get my car but there are no loaners. No big deal but it would be nice to play around with a Boxster once in a while.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:35 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

The service we got on the CLK Cab from our local MB dealer sucked. Only once in 6 or 7 visits did they get the service done correctly the FIRST time. Fortunately for us, the lease on the CLK ended on 10/20/07, so we turned the car back in. The car itself was OK, but not great. Thankfully, (for me) it was my wife's car and not mine. Because of the poor service experience I will NEVER again purchase a MB vehicle of any kind.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:47 PM
hatchback
Advanced

I don't think you can generalize service quality beyond the specific dealer. Our local Lexus dealer has abysmal service including repeated lying and not performing promised services. Yes they will give you a loaner and a stale bagel but who cares about that stuff when they can't repair or maintain your car according to the manufacturer's spec?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:05 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hatchback
I don't think you can generalize service quality beyond the specific dealer. Our local Lexus dealer has abysmal service including repeated lying and not performing promised services. Yes they will give you a loaner and a stale bagel but who cares about that stuff when they can't repair or maintain your car according to the manufacturer's spec?

You are correct about the "generalization" statement, but they repeatedly left such a bad taste in my mouth that I can not look past the ineptitude to see the car brand for it's own merits (a.k.a. I can't see the forest for the trees).
Old 11-02-2007, 02:18 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

When I had my 07 997S, I took it in a couple of times and was pleased with the service at the Porsche Center in SA. Although I ended up with a 06 Pontiac Grand Prix from Enterprise and not a 07 997 Turbo like I requested, they did get me into a loaner at no cost. I guess it depends on size fo the dealership. This one here is small but they do treat me like thier highest customer. I have no complaints as long my car gets treated and worked on with the utmost care.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Zipgun
Instructor

Originally Posted by Frino
Depends on the dealer...my wife has driven Lexus SUV's for years and the local dealer, which is Lexus Elite, is open like 16 hours a day, requires no appointments and routinely provides Lexus loaners for any type of service. When I take our Mercedes in for service we get a Mercedes loaner without question. My local P-Car Dealer, which is a "Premier" dealer, provides easy appointments and quick service, but uses Enterprise ****boxes for loaners. Which is better? It depends on what's important to you.
Yup totally agree. This type of thread is kinda reduntant as it always depends on the dealer...
Old 11-10-2007, 06:31 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Took my car in for service on the navi system last week. They lent me a new Cayman S and had my car back to me that night. Quick efficient service and a P-car loaner...cant fault that.

Quick Reply: Porsche vs. Lexus service?