Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove 997TT Tip today.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007 | 11:59 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by black986S
Yes, I've driven several six speeds, and the spool up much quicker. I'm not saying it was a slouch, it just seemed to have quite a bit of turbo lag. Once it got into the Turbo, it pulled pretty good. I think that a 993TT with 6 speed felt faster. Maybe I'm wrong??? Anybody raced a 993TT?
OMG, a 993 tt faster than a 997tt ? LOL. Dude your buttdyno or shall i say lack of it is absolutly clueless. A unmodified 993tt is a dog especially above 100 mph, by todays standard. You would need a good set of Zeiss or Swarowsky's to even have contact with one...........
Old 10-13-2007 | 02:11 AM
richk
Drifting

AS

Thanks for the guidance...I think I am going to buy one.

Richk
Old 10-13-2007 | 02:15 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer
Rich,
I really like the Black Series. it is a better highway car than the 996tt/997tt, has razor sharp handling, and will spin the tires endlessly.
Regarding depreciation, I drive my cars a long time, and accumulate alot of miles. So, everything depreciates when you do that. On the other hand, I want to enjoy every mile, so I feel that is accomplished.
My bigger concern is tire wear, as the Corsa's aren't likely to go more than 6,000 miles. So, I need to find an decent alternative.
Like the tt's, the tank is too small. But, I'm a muscle car guy who likes fast corenrs at heart, so it's a good fit for me. Haven't seen anything else out there that does what it does, which means you either pay the freight or not have the experience. If you kkkep the car 10 years, and you think it cost $40,000 too much, i think that winds up at $4,000 per year, or 10 bucks a day to have fun. About the price of one drink in a decent bar. AS
alexander-i agree with you. all of these cars depreciate. they are all terrible investments. i bought my 997tt to have fun, to enjoy owning it and driving it-i have put 11,000 miles on mine since november. if you like to also drive the mercedes, and you can afford it, you buy it and enjoy it, and don't worry about the depreciation. you are right-if you like it, and can afford it, then "pay the freight" and enjoy it.
Old 10-14-2007 | 07:27 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

I think the reason the tip may feel slower than the manual is because it never falls off boost - so you don't get the surge after gear changes as boost pressure rebuilds. Just a theory, though.

Quick Reply: Drove 997TT Tip today.