Sponsored by:

Really need help with brakes.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 08:25 PM
Vincy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

jrok and cviles, thanks. The dealer gave me the car back and said its "normal". Its good to find someone else with the same experience. Now I have something to go back to the dealer with. But I'm sorry you also had the problem.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:42 AM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

If your state has a lemon law, I would check to see how many trips are required to fit the statute. In my state it is three trips for a "safety-related" item. I lemon-lawed a new Audi A6 when they couldn't get the gas guage to work after three visits. At the second visit, I reminded the dealer of the law. After the third, I requested a new car. The district rep then tried to talk me out of it, saying, "we will fly in a factory mechanic, and give you a free loaner for a month".
I declined. My deal was that they took my car at it's appraised price (obviously less than I paid), but took 10% of sticker off the price of the next car I negotiated. That is, I negotiated my best deal for a $50,000 car, then got another $5,000 off. Got the new car in about 2 weeks, and it has been perfect.
You do pay a little for having used a new car up until the time it is returned. AS
Lesson: Don't waste time or energy. There is always another car. AS
Old 08-01-2007, 05:51 AM
Vincy
Advanced

Default Any TSBs on brakes?

Does anyone know of a technical service bullitin or recall on the brakes? Since some cars come with this problem, see above, the dealer claims the brakes are normal even with a dropping pedal. I need documentation of other problems and/or fixes. Thanks for all your help.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:54 PM
jaf996cab
Instructor

The only 997 TT TSB that I could find re: brakes was 4701 related to retrofit of PCCB.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Joe- I'll check with Angel tomorrow on the TSB's. This sucks, I'm sorry you're having this issue; but hopefully it'll be rectified soon.

Chris
Old 08-03-2009, 02:35 PM
carvalag
Track Day

This is kind of an old thread but I feel compelled to share with you my story, which seems to confirm that Porsche has a real issue here: I got my car prepared for a track event, drove 5 hours from home to the track and, when I stopped at the last toll booth on the road, the brake pedal sank. Flushed the brakes twice, had the ABS bled, and nothing. I lost the weekend. The car is at the dealer installing a new master cylinder. The dealer gave me a brand new (1300 miles) loaner Cayenne and, guess what, its brake pedal does the same thing!
Old 09-18-2010, 02:59 AM
rshayes
6th Gear

The run around on this issue is disgraceful, I have a cayenne s - awesome brakes until they replaced the fluid and bled the system at a normal service, now I have a sinking pedal and no bite in the brakes at 120kmhr panic stops - the dealer says this is normal, and has 'tested' the abs on tiles at low speed and on brake test unit. All very disconcerting

Quick Reply: Really need help with brakes.