Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I finally got Sirius in my Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007 | 02:50 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Default So I finally got Sirius in my Turbo

Originally I had my dealer order the radio module thru the parts department, but after a month the computer still show it hasn't been shipped and still in the warehouse in Atlanta, it was in stock and there were not exceptions flagged but it just wasn't shipping.

After a ton phone calls they finally found out because of the stupid CRTC regulations the modules are not officially approved for Canada, so the warehouse cannot ship it out here. The funny/frustrating part is that no one, not even the computer would let my local dealer know the part is not shippable to Canada, they just leave the order open in the system but just flag it as pending shipment, if we didn't call we would have waited until eternity.....

They located one module in one of the US dealers and had them courriered one over. The installation took 6 hrs but I am extremely happy with the final results.

Unlike the other 2 documented installations, my module was installed on the floor of the trunk, surrounded by an inch thick HDF and covered bythe factory truck floor panel. First glance I didn't notice the slightly raised floor and I thought they had hide it under one of the plastic panels on the bulkhead.

I did have more drop outs than using a roof mounted antenna, it happens more if I drive North, I guess the steel roof is blocking the signal from reaching the antenna location and it might be why Porsche is not officially releasing a module for the 911. But to me I don't mind as a factory solution looks much cleaner than having a aftermarket one. End result is I have my Howard Stern now in my Turbo and that's what matters.
Old 06-21-2007 | 04:24 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

I got it too. Love it except it doesn't show the current song playing.
Old 06-21-2007 | 05:08 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

You have to go to info then radio text to see the song.
Old 06-21-2007 | 05:36 PM
mnance
AutoX

To access song title use the info button under the radio. Then select song info.
Old 06-21-2007 | 08:17 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Didn't know that But I guess it's one of those weird German logic.
Old 06-21-2007 | 10:45 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

WOW! Thanks you guys!

Quick Reply: So I finally got Sirius in my Turbo