Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

European Car Magazine Exhaust Dyno test - Volunteer needed and special A.W.E. pricing

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default European Car Magazine Exhaust Dyno test - Volunteer needed and special A.W.E. pricing

Our friends at European Car magazine will be dyno testing an A.W.E. Tuning 997TT exhaust for their upcoming Porsche exhaust buyers guide. Considering we live and die by our dyno, we had no concerns about having our products put to the test by a third party and happily obliged.

While we have several 997TT exhaust owners on the West Coast, I thought I'd open this opportunity up to those of you who are considering an A.W.E. Tuning exhaust system for your 997 Turbo. This will be an opportunity for you to have your car featured in a national magazine, see first hand the power improvements of our system, and receive the exhaust at a highly discounted price to help compensate for your time.

The dyno testing will be done at GIAC, located in Irvine, CA. We are somewhat flexible as far as the exact dyno date, but would like to arrange this within the next week or two max.

Requirements:

-A *stock* ECU car is needed with factory exhaust. The car will be dynoed with factory system first, then have the A.W.E. Tuning exhaust installed, and then dynoed again.
-Aftermarket wheels and suspension are ok, but no software please.

Considering the dyno will be done at GIAC, this will also serve as an opportunity for you to learn more about their stellar products.

For those of you that are interested, please contact our Marketing Manager, Tom Ojala, directly. Tom can be reached via email - tom@awe-tuning.com - or phone - 888.565.2257 - M-F 9am to 6pm EST.

Thank you in advance for your interest. We look forward to working with you!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:27 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will the magazine be testing other manufacturers products as well or just A.W.E.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Originally Posted by LAT
Will the magazine be testing other manufacturers products as well or just A.W.E.
I think it is just s spotlight on our system.

If you would like more info, please contact our Marketing Manager, Tom Ojala, directly. Tom can be reached via email - tom@awe-tuning.com - or phone - 888.565.2257 - M-F 9am to 6pm EST.

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts

Excellent initiative, but shouldn't they test somewhere else, you are a GIAC dealer afterall, no offense, but for complete transparency and objectivity, I would insist in having it done elsewhere..And of course a couple of competitor products as well.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Originally Posted by Jean
Excellent initiative, but shouldn't they test somewhere else, you are a GIAC dealer afterall, no offense, but for complete transparency and objectivity, I would insist in having it done elsewhere..And of course a couple of competitor products as well.
When the magazines use GIAC's dyno, which they have done in the past, the journalists operate the dyno. Not GIAC.

This is an article on our system. Not our competitors. It's all part of a feature on us as a company.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:37 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE:Exhaust Dyno test

It would be of more value to the readers if a sample of systems were tested.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:41 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by LAT
It would be of more value to the readers if a sample of systems were tested.
I think the mags are doing one system at a time. A month ago, I think it was European Car, did an install of the Fabspeed system and reported on it.

Quick Reply: European Car Magazine Exhaust Dyno test - Volunteer needed and special A.W.E. pricing