Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My baby has arrrived after 4 long months.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 12:06 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, fuse box cover in leather? Dash side panels in leather? I didn't even know those were available! Thats Bently like excess but I love it. The inner sill cover and door finishers in leather are nice too. I have to say it again, that is one nice ride.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:14 PM
THinthedesert
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gradyex
Finally some pictures to post (arrived last Monday).

GT Silver/BLK Int
Sport Chrono
LSD
Adaptive seats
Heated Seats
porsche crests in headrest
thicker leather sport steeringwheel (XPA)
Switch panel package
Leather sun visors
Leather rear console
Storage compt lid w/model logo
Steering column Leather
Instrument surround leather
Door finishers leather
Inner sill parts release leather
Dome lamp cover leather
Headliner A/B pillar leather
Gear trim leather
Interior package A pillar leather
Gear lever handbrake Alu/Leather (DAD)
Fuse box trim leather
Headlight cleaner cover Ext color
Rear logo painted ext color
Door entry guards stl steel illuminated
Sport Shifter
I notice some of the leather items such as:

that you mentioned. Am I mistaken thinking those come with the "Full Leather" package? I am unclear if you actually ordered the "Full Leather" package then added other items? I realize "Full Leather" does not really mean full leahter, as there are still many other itmes that can be added as you did. I notice your dash is in leather.

So the question is "did you start off with "Full Leather" then add more to it"?

Thanks.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:59 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by THinthedesert
I notice some of the leather items such as:

that you mentioned. Am I mistaken thinking those come with the "Full Leather" package? I am unclear if you actually ordered the "Full Leather" package then added other items? I realize "Full Leather" does not really mean full leahter, as there are still many other itmes that can be added as you did. I notice your dash is in leather.

So the question is "did you start off with "Full Leather" then add more to it"?

Thanks.
Full Leather is standard in Turbos. From there you can add as you noted above.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:18 AM
THinthedesert
Advanced

Originally Posted by gota911
Full Leather is standard in Turbos. From there you can add as you noted above.
Thanks for remininding me of that fact. I may well be mistaken, however I thought when the Full Leather option was chosen (in the non Turbo now) that the A, B, & C pillars were leather and not an option.

Please help clarify this one for me as I am uncertain. I thought these items were part of the full leather package.

Info taken from Edmunds and it may be incorrect??

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/pors...on=1&x=33&y=19

"Full Leather includes the following leather trimmed items in Grey Natural Leather in addition to standard leather trim items: A-pillar/windscreen frame trim, B and C-pillar trims, rear panel trim, switch panel, instrument cover/airbag cover, airbag module, door trim, door panel, Tiptronic gear selector gate (when so equipped), front and rear center console side trim, rear seat area side trim, rear seat centers and rear seat lateral supports."
Old 06-28-2007, 03:24 AM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well i think I understand what your saying and its a bit confusing. Full leather in my 997S and 997 TT both came with leather which included the front seats, the back seats, the side panels on the 2 doors (but not all leather), the side panels in the back, the dashboard (partial), the back seats and of course the steering wheel. What Porsche does is leave a dozen or so items still uncovered with leather and some of them they package, for example: switch panel package (all vents covered in leather and the front dash is finished off in leather up to the windshield). As far as ABC pilliars are concerned I could swear my 997S had leather on all the pilliars and if it didn't well it sure looked like an awesome imitation! I could not tell the difference looking at the 2 front pilliars on drivers side and passenger side, I could not tell the difference on the rear pilliars along side the rear window and I could not tell the difference on the 2 center pilliars (where the seatbelt tensioners are, above and below it). Now, to confuse things even more Porsche breaks down dozens of individual interior parts and charges extra for them. Some come in packages as I stated before like "A pilliar package" but guess what that is just the name of a package where leather is added to the ends of the front dash (finishing it off nicely), the ignition rosette done in leather, and the mirror controls both left and right. Why in the heck is that called A pilliar package? Beats me has nothing to do with the A pilliar which is included when you order the leather headliner? Confused? i could go on but lets briefly go over only the leather options that "make a difference" to those of us who want a car totally finished off just the way a fully leathered option SHOULD be. I will seperate them in 3 stages so you can pick 1 or 2 or 3 or none of them but I feel the 1st as most important and 3rd as least important. Here goes1) Center console in leather + Turbo logo + Sun Visors + Dome lamp cover. Codes are in the same order: XMZ + CUV + XMP + XZD. (2) Door finishers in leather + Inner sill parts release + gear lever trim in leather+ steering column in leather. Codes are: XTV + XTG + CDZ + XNS. and (3) Instrument surround in leather + package A pilliar in leather + A/B roof liner in leather + Fuse box trim in leather (very inexpensive). Codes are: XNG + DAA + XMA +CUJ. Now, that leaves you with a few "expensive leather options to consider" and the need for these will be entirely up to individual taste. By the way you can substitute carbon, wood, aluminum, ext painted to match for all of these so lets keep it simple and talk only about leather options for now. Big ones (A) Leather Package Switch panel (EAA) involves many things see brochure for description. (B) PCM in leather ($2200 dont have code) (C) Gear lever/handbrake Alu/leather or (DAD) expensive option but exclusive and a must if you want the stitching deviated on the boot shifter (otherwise it will not be deviated) (D) Leather covered seatbacks (dont have code but its a $1600 plus option) Whats left is a bunch of BS parts like coat hooks in leather, seatbelt buckles in leather, rear defroster in leather etc , etc. Before closing (I hope this is making sense) the must have Turbo options are: Sport Chrono Package Plus (640), Adaptive Sport seats (P01), Limited slip Diff (220), Heated front seats (342), Thicker leather sport steering wheel (XPA), Sport shifter (XCZ), Door entry guards in Stainless steel (CXB) a nice addition, and Porsche crest in headrest (XSC). Finally (I ran out of $$$ but if you can afford it get the PCCB's UNLESS you track the car heavily because there are still issues with how these rotors hold up causing hi replacement costs and possible damage from excessive heat? (Its much better than Gen 1 brakes but not perfect just yet). This is not comming from me but from conversations with my Porsche mechanic who deals with these issues first hand. If your mainly a street guy, like the weight savings (who wouldn't) and can afford it these brakes are phenominal!

Last edited by gradyex; 06-28-2007 at 03:41 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:24 AM
gradyex
Racer

And now for a few soothing pictures taken by the Bay today.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:32 PM
THinthedesert
Advanced

Originally Posted by gradyex
Well i think I understand what your saying and its a bit confusing. ...................This is not comming from me but from conversations with my Porsche mechanic who deals with these issues first hand. If your mainly a street guy, like the weight savings (who wouldn't) and can afford it these brakes are phenominal!
Thanks very much for taking the time to explain all that so precisely. I appreciate it. Porsche does let us have it anyway we want, and as a result it becomes pretty confusing, but it's better than not being able to pick & chose exactly how we desire the finished product to come out of the factory.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:41 PM
gradyex
Racer

No problem THinthedesert, I asked the exact same question (where Edmunds quotes that the Natural leather option includes all those items). It does not and this information just confuses people more. The natural leather is an option where the leather itself is dyed differently and some say Porsche uses only the top 10% of their hides for that option? Natural grey is almost black and I went for the black and am happy. Either way you should be happy too. It took me 2 months to finalize my order and I must of changed options dozens of times before sticking to my final choices. Some people prefer to pick performance items ie "Ceramic Brakes" and forgo the leather ones. I like the leather myself because the stock brakes are fantastic and I ran out of money or I would of gone for it all! One thing to remember: When it comes to resale time all these option are almost meaningless (including the ceramics) and think of it as treatimg yourself to the finest toy of your life and just ENJOY the car exactly the way YOU want it! Cheers!

Quick Reply: My baby has arrrived after 4 long months.