Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Exclusive" options - Done AFTER production??!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 12:22 AM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 678 Likes on 344 Posts
Default "Exclusive" options - Done AFTER production??!!

Someone please tell me this is not true. I read elsewhere that car's with exclusive options (usually start with "C"), in my case gear lever trim and cmpt. lid w/ model logo will add a month to delivery. The car is built and completed and then they take it to add the exclusive options.

I don't think I'll make it.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:24 AM
bbywu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unfortunately, i think this is true. anywhere from 10-14 days are added on to the completion date for exclusive options.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:46 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Agreed, that is how it works for most Exclusive options (although I believe they will start with 'X' on the options list/label), although some used to take MUCH longer (6-9 months for leather to sample interiors, etc).

My 996TT has a full wood interior kit from the Exclusive programme. One of the air vents (driver side IIRC) began to lift ever so slightly where it met the wood trip going across the top of the dash). PCNA looked at it and agreed to replace it under warranty (nice, considering it's a $2K vent piece)
The interesting thing was that when they built the car, they kept pieces of the wood veneers used originally and made a replacement piece that is ridiculously close to a dead match (hard to match burlwood).

The other thing is that if your car was not ordered with Exclusive pieces, they can not be ordered from Porsche. Only based on your VIN can replacements be ordered, that keeps the Exclusive Programme exclusive (although it's not like in the old days)
Old 04-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only paint to sample, leather to sample and/or deviated stitching could add so long to the car. Exclusive options are 'more' readily available. I say that loosly. But I believe there are other reasons why a car with out the paint or leather to sample would be delayed.

Chris in your case you dont have a full wood packaged car- similar to 'itc'. you have a couple 'exclusive' options. Hardly the reasoning to delay your car.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Porsche has really gotten it down with their vendors today,--more so than when the 997s were introduced in 2004. As a result, much of the 'exclusive' options are readily available for production runs. True, paint and leather to sample can drive the process an additional 6 months (I know!) but for the other stuff it's not that big a deal.

Here's my lengthy list:

997 S Cabriolet 6-speed
98 Non-Metallic Paint to Sample (3AS Blue Turquoise)(Türkis-Blau)
06 Natural Leather Brown
V9 Black Top
CDZ Gear Lever Trim Leather
CUC Painted Model Desig Rear Lid
CUV Storage Cmpt Lid W/Model Logo
CZD Interior Light Cover Leather
M6H Brown Floor Mats
P01L Adaptive Sports Sts Lthr Int
XCZ Sport Shifter
XLF Sport Exhaust System
XMP Lthr Sun Visors Lighted Mirror
XMZ Rear Center Console - Leather
XRR 19" Carrera Sport wheel
XSB Sport Seat Backs in Leather
XTV Door Finishers Lthr
267 Self Dimming Mirrors
342 Heated Front Seats
446 Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
450 Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB
451 Makassar Str Whl Multifctn
482 TPMS
498 Delete Model Designation
509 Fire Extinguisher
550 Hard Top
640 Sport Chrono Package Plus
672 Extended Nav Module
680 Bose High End Sound Package
692 Remote CD Changer
801 Makassar Package
TD5 Tourist Delivery
Old 04-10-2007, 07:41 PM
atomic80
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed about color paint/leather to sample adding time to the order. The other "exclusive" items should NOT delay the production of your car. I have a few in mine and it went right through production in about 5 days.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:20 AM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here, production was complete on 3/22/07 right on schedule and I had plenty of options that start with "C" (6 total). Chris I have the gear lever trim, and the compartment lid w/model logo also and no delays. I even added GT Silver, "CGA" headlight cleamer ext color, "CUC" painted desig. model rear lid, late in the game without affecting the completion date, in fact it moved up 1 day. The car was loaded onto a ship April 2nd so it did "sit around" a bit waiting for a ship. Your on the East Coast so yours might be there sooner than you think. Hang in there buddy.

Quick Reply: "Exclusive" options - Done AFTER production??!!