Sponsored by:

Legend porsche in NY?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 02:52 PM
dolt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legend porsche in NY?

anyone know anything about this place? are they good to deal with and a reputable dealer? (I know some are better than others)
Old 04-09-2007, 07:00 AM
RSA333
Racer

Avoid them if you can. They are not a reputable outfit - I had a very bad experience with them, and they have many complaints with the BBB.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:17 PM
dolt
Instructor

could you give any further info? it would be of great help - if you do not want to air it here just private message me or I can message you my e-mail if you prefer, just let me know
Thanks
Old 04-10-2007, 12:57 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

They sell about 9 different makes, so not really a' porsche dealer' in my book. I've heard glowing things and horror stories at the same time. All I know, when I got my old car in '03 they gave me the worst deal possible, I walked. The sales guys never returned calls.....too used to selling vw's I guess.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:17 AM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 341 Posts

I've also heard good and bad. My only experience was when I got my 997S (another dealer) the CEL came on as I was driving the car home. Legend was easier for me to get to so I went there. I figured it would be an easy fix, do a quick diagnostic, reset some codes and be on my way. I was there for hours. Finally service guy came out with a 4 inch think stack of papers of computer runs of my car. They said they had to fax to germany because they couldn't figure out why the light was on.

they said it would be Ok to drive and they would have to call me when regional tech was in - which would be 2 weeks. 2 weeks comes and goes and I never hear from them. I call them and they tell me he never came, could be a few more weeks. Long story short they never called back. Took it back to selling dealer and was diagnosed in about a minute. The SA there told me my cat. converter was literally hanging off and needed to be replaced - at least that's what they said LOL. You never know! He had no idea how they could not have seen this it was that obvious.

The fact that they never called me back turned me off to them. I did place a call to the service manager to complain about the treatment but didn't really seem to matter.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:11 AM
dolt
Instructor

thanks - I have decided I think to avoid them and go with my second choice color from a local dealer I trust and have dealt with - if there are any more stories I would love to hear them though just in case this other deal falls through and I may have to reconsider them
Old 04-10-2007, 07:05 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 341 Posts

Dolt, if they have the car you want get a price for it and buy it if you want. doesn't mean you have to service it there. This is too much money to not get exactly what you want. have you checked out of state dealers?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:41 PM
BG
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased all my Porsche's from them. I'm friends with the owner. They have turnover in their customer service area but their mechanics are good and have been there for a while. Their service mgr. sucked but he's gone and they are trying to make improvements. I agree servicing a Porsche along with Audi/VW is not desireable but I've heard numerous horror stories re. other LI dealers. I think he's Porsche's largest LI dealer and was allocated 5 GT3's and 2 RS's this year which for a non city dealer is pretty good.

Quick Reply: Legend porsche in NY?