Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slate gray with painted rockers - pics?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 02:27 AM
dolt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slate gray with painted rockers - pics?

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with any pics they have of a slate gray car with painted rockers and front lip (ditto for meteor gray and basalt black if you have them) - TIA
Old 04-07-2007, 04:42 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 344 Posts

Here's some slate pics - looks like they all have the rocker painted. sometimes it's tough to tell from pics and the darker colors.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:46 PM
dolt
Instructor

chris - thanks for the pics - I agree it is hard to tell on the dark cars some times until you are up close in person - I saw you are expecting slate gray soon yourself - did you opt for painted rockers and lip?
if you don't mind me asking, where did you order from?
Old 04-07-2007, 08:31 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dolt
chris - thanks for the pics - I agree it is hard to tell on the dark cars some times until you are up close in person - I saw you are expecting slate gray soon yourself - did you opt for painted rockers and lip?
if you don't mind me asking, where did you order from?
Dolt, I ordered the rocker panles painted for my car. The last car in the pics I posted I've seen and driven. In person you can tell but obviously not to the same degree as red, white, etc. I did not go for the front lip.

I ordered the car from Chris at Porsche of N. Olmstead (Ohio). He posts here under the handle "Likemystoppie". I will be flying to Cleveland to pick it up and drive it back home utilizing Rte. 6 for most of the way. Its considered one of the 10 most scenic roads in America so I'm looking forward to it.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:54 PM
dolt
Instructor

very cool - so the last one has the rockers and lip painted or just the rockers? it is so hard to tell in photos
when is your car coming in, middle of may? I am looking at a car that just finished production and may be on the same boat - I am not sure how often a boat leaves that carries these cars though
did you hope to avoid the NY dealers, or was it just that you had a better opportunity elsewhere?
Old 04-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Ken89911T
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dolt,

Good choice to go with SG. Chris is referring to my car, the last in his set of pics. The front/back lips are not painted - only the rockers.

I'm feeling the excitement for guys like you and Chris, waiting for your cars to arrive soon. You're going to love it!

Ken
Old 04-07-2007, 11:40 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dolt
very cool - so the last one has the rockers and lip painted or just the rockers? it is so hard to tell in photos
when is your car coming in, middle of may? I am looking at a car that just finished production and may be on the same boat - I am not sure how often a boat leaves that carries these cars though
did you hope to avoid the NY dealers, or was it just that you had a better opportunity elsewhere?
I was told last week that I was in production so car should be completed by end of next week I would think - only takes about 5 days to build a car I'm told. Getting on the boat is the wildcard. It can take 3 days or 3-4 weeks. On average though, figure 30 days from when it's completed to get in your hands.

Didn't try to avoid the NY dealers. Bought my 997S from Manhattan Motor cars and the guy there was fine. Came down to timing and N. Olmstead has been awesome to deal with. Chris certainly has a lot of patience as I'm bugging him constantly.

Where are you getting your car?
Old 04-07-2007, 11:48 PM
dolt
Instructor

well, that is not quite set yet - there are a few I am looking at at different places - I did not order a car and just recently decided to get one - I was having trouble getting what I wanted locally so I started to look all over (did not want to order as I would not be able to get until late june at the earliest and living in the midwest that is too late in the season) - now I have a dealer close to me that I have dealt with in the past that now can get me one, but the car I would prefer is elsewhere and the dealer that has it is not willing to trade it to my local dealer as I contacted him first and he wants to sell it to me directly - kind of a mess now and not sure what I am going to do - either way both cars are cool and I can not go wrong I guess
Old 04-08-2007, 05:08 PM
intouch1
Advanced

i have DAJ. exterior pianted in car colour, including rocker panels, rear lower valance and grilles in front spoiler. lower front lip came painted and a non painted one. i attached the non painted as it scrapes anyway.

Quick Reply: slate gray with painted rockers - pics?