Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:07 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by golfguy
Stephen

what's your experience been with the techart springs? do you have any problems with pasm?

i'm hoping that my gp7 wheels will work with the springs. they have very aggressive offsets at 48mm front and 40mm on 11.5" rears.

tia, henry

Henry, I'll let you know soon since I will be installing them as soon as they arrive. I plan on letting the car keep the negative camber associated with the lowering, which will help the fender lip clearance. All the Champion wheels of the same offset appear to fit fine on their lowered TT's
Old 04-26-2007, 12:02 PM
golfguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
Henry, I'll let you know soon since I will be installing them as soon as they arrive. I plan on letting the car keep the negative camber associated with the lowering, which will help the fender lip clearance. All the Champion wheels of the same offset appear to fit fine on their lowered TT's
thanks Eugene. what would we rennlisters do without you?

i guess you and i will be using non-directional tires in the future and remounting tires a lot to compensate for the inside edge tire wear caused by negative camber.

seriously, champion (cms) has been getting more aggressive on their rear wheel offsets for the wide bodied 997. if i remember correctly, cms started at 19/20x11et55, went to 19/20x11et41 and seem to have settled on 19/20x11.5et44 as the preferred setup for new models. front offsets are constant at 53mm.

with the gp7 setup, we will be another 4-5mm outboard toward the fenderline. however based the latest photos, negative camber should tuck the top edges of the tire and clear the fenderline.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Tioga120
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

FYI:

I have a full set of 997TT TA springs for sale if anyone is intrested. They have approx 3100 miles ont them and were installed by Sharkwerks

Car is parked waitng next round of mods which include PSS9's.

PM me if intrested.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:27 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

N2it- I can't wait to see the results of this next round Ding ding!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Tioga120
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

No doubt! It's hard to focus but I will have to be patient...
Old 04-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PorschePhD
I use the TA spring kit. The PASM remains in tact and the ride is lowered about an inch. The system doesn't cause any issues and the ride is still not harsh. People still comment on how well the car rides.

And yes, I do scrap coming into the driveway. Otherwise it is not a problem.
+ 1 agreed...we recently completed the same install with the TA Sport Springs on a 997TT and are very happy with the results. Here are some pics....

- Jordan
Attached Images     
Old 04-29-2007, 05:06 PM
gxlex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by N2it
FYI:

I have a full set of 997TT TA springs for sale if anyone is intrested. They have approx 3100 miles ont them and were installed by Sharkwerks

Car is parked waitng next round of mods which include PSS9's.

PM me if intrested.
PM sent
Old 05-02-2007, 12:37 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I saw on another board, rennteam I think, that a retrofittable pasm friendly X73 kit is in the works from PMS. I'll wait for that!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:04 PM
golfguy
Racer

eclou

did you install the TA springs yet? if so, is there enough clearance with the pes wheels?

thanx for your feedback
Old 05-23-2007, 01:26 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

eclou

did you install the TA springs yet? if so, is there enough clearance with the pes wheels?

thanx for your feedback
Not yet unfortunately. I wanted to get them on and the car aligned before this past weekend track event but was too busy. I may not have time until late next month since we are going to europe soon.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:00 PM
golfguy
Racer

Not yet unfortunately. I wanted to get them on and the car aligned before this past weekend track event but was too busy. I may not have time until late next month since we are going to europe soon.
Eugene

Have fun in europe. here's a few tips to enjoy the zuffenhausen area:

1. Rent an 911 from avis
2. there are designer factory outlets (hugo boss, mode, etc)about 20km south of struggart in town of Metzler (sorry my spelling sucks on the blackberry)
Old 05-23-2007, 04:10 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Eugene

Have fun in europe. here's a few tips to enjoy the zuffenhausen area:

1. Rent an 911 from avis
2. there are designer factory outlets (hugo boss, mode, etc)about 20km south of struggart in town of Metzler (sorry my spelling sucks on the blackberry)
I'll look into #2, but I already have #1 covered (GT3 delivery)... Thanks!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:15 AM
golfguy
Racer

I'll look into #2, but I already have #1 covered (GT3 delivery)... Thanks!
factory delivery of your gt3, eh ... sounds like a great experience!

Here's info on the town of Metzingen. Enjoy your vacation.

Hugo Boss AG 27 km S Dieselstr. 12, Metzingen, ***0712/394 - 0

Hugo Boss factory outletHugo Boss was the first leading brand to open a factory outlet store in Metzingen and it has proved a resounding success. Since then, quality and fashion-conscious shoppers have flocked here from Germany and abroad to try on last season's women's and men's collections and seconds at the large Boss store, and to buy them at great discounts. Around 20 other leading international brands including Joop, Escada, Jil Sander and Reebok have also opened outlets close to the Boss store.*

Alte Samtfabrik outlet centre and other locationsOn the other side of town, you'll find the likes of Bogner and Woick, a supplier of outdoor leisure equipment, in the Alte Samtfabrik outlet centre. All in all, you'll find goods from around 50 brands on sale at factory outlets around the town.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:31 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

factory delivery of your gt3, eh ... sounds like a great experience!

Here's info on the town of Metzingen. Enjoy your vacation.

Hugo Boss AG 27 km S Dieselstr. 12, Metzingen, ***0712/394 - 0

Hugo Boss factory outletHugo Boss was the first leading brand to open a factory outlet store in Metzingen and it has proved a resounding success. Since then, quality and fashion-conscious shoppers have flocked here from Germany and abroad to try on last season's women's and men's collections and seconds at the large Boss store, and to buy them at great discounts. Around 20 other leading international brands including Joop, Escada, Jil Sander and Reebok have also opened outlets close to the Boss store.*

Alte Samtfabrik outlet centre and other locationsOn the other side of town, you'll find the likes of Bogner and Woick, a supplier of outdoor leisure equipment, in the Alte Samtfabrik outlet centre. All in all, you'll find goods from around 50 brands on sale at factory outlets around the town.
It has always been a dream of mine to do a factory delivery and drive something other than the 1.6l turbo diesel micro-compact-whatever that I seem to pick up at the airports. I would have done so with the 997TT but had so little time in planning (I was given a Sept 06 build from a July 06 deposit and had just returned from a Spain trip) that it was no feasible.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Ray G
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So what is the verdict on the TechArt lowering springs on the Turbo? Do you like it? Are the springs matched well to the dampers? (Unlike the H&R lowering springs on the 997S)

Quick Reply: Anyone lowered a 997 turbo?