Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lease Options

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:29 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Agree, just do it, run it thru your practice, if you love it 4 yrs later, buy it. I'd sell the C2 pvt, only bc they're gonna f you on the cars value. Why not start advertising it here on rennlist now to test the warters at least. It's a nice, low mile, well maintained, non rms '00 996, with some tasteful upgrades(no bling).
I usually don't try to reduce the cap cost up front with post tax dollars...unless you're operating under an expense umbrella where a dp will put you within the cap vs paying part of the lease yourself each month to stay within the expense acct allotment.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:00 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd trade because here in Texas, you get credit for the trade against your taxes, which is a pretty penny for a late model C2. I don't know the rules in other states.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:42 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scottfromnapa
If you love the car at the end of the lease, have heavily modified it, or there is equity there, buy the residual from your personal account.
Would disagree here. This is where it gets sticky if you own your own business. For maximum tax advantage/return keep the money invested.This is where you dump it, when the lease is over. Otherwise the "residual" is taxed as regular income, so buying becomes a taxed event which you will pay for with post-tax money that you invested.

Whatever you feel about a car, once you put work-clothes on money you're a fool to "lay it off" for luxuries.

YMMV
Old 03-28-2007, 12:15 PM
grizbo
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here's a different approach I use. I buy cars using my home equity loan, deduct the interest on my taxes, and make a payment every month on the loan that approximates what a lease payment would be. I own my home in full, have no other debt, and have enough in savings for any possible crisis management. Can't wait to get my tt in the near future...

Quick Reply: Lease Options