Sponsored by:

Must have Turbo options

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Must have Turbo options

Ordering a Turbo next week (May build) and was wondering about the most popular options.

So far:

PCCB's- my big extravagance. Had them on my 997S and loved them- no brake dust a big plus. Probably not worth the $ but...

LSD, 6 spd, Sport chrono, 6 cd changer

Supple leather, standard heated seats- I know not as sporty but wasn't thrilled with the sport adaptives on my 997 and liked the supple on my 996 T.

Leather door finishers and console- not into carbon or wood

Thick steering wheel? Never seen one in person. Like it on my M5. Multifunction wheel? Is it necessary with the controls so close by?

What am I forgetting?

Thanks
Old 02-21-2007, 01:12 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I would skip the cd changer as it plays .mp3 cds and get the illuminated door sills.

I like the multifunction thicker wheel...but you are right that the controls are near by. It does feel a little like the M wheel...so you will like it.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Tioga120
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats on the order!

Someone should chime in with the correct order code however, it's the leather stich piece between the center console and the gear shift trim. Completes the connection between the two.

What color did you chose or did I miss that?
Old 02-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I would pass on the PCCB's, big reds good enough.

Get leather door finishers, rear console, dome light and shifter boot.

Illum door sills are fantastic.

Adaptive sport seats a must for me. Don't like supple, have had it in several cars, it looks ratty after awhile.

Crest in the rear console door lid is nice, cheap and replaces nasty plastic.

MF thicker wheel is wonderful, or thicker wheel of any kind. Have had it on last several cars, love it. It's not quite as thick as a M5 wheel.

LSD and sport chrono a must.

I also got phone module and leather visors. Heated seats also a must.

Get the short shifter.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:54 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

I like the thicker wheel in mine.

Would have gotten painted center console if I had ordered it myself.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:38 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beyond a doubt the best option is the adaptive sport seats. You have to be comfortable. And he's right, supple leather looks like "old leather" way too soon.

Don't let anyone tell you different, yellow heads are the way to go. Stop faster, end of story.

Don't know where you live, but seat-heaters are a necessity in some climes. I personally wont buy a car anymore without them. But I live in Chicago.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:45 PM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like good advice guys. (1) Must haves: Sport Chrono, Adaptive seats,LSD,Sport shifter,Heated Seats,Thicker steering wheel,Porsche crest in headrests. (2) Nice touches: illuminated ss door sills,rear center console leather together with CUV (turbo logo),leather sun visors, leather sill parts release, leather door finishers. Dont forget CDZ (gear leather trim). (3) have $$$ to spend get: interior package A pilliar, leather steering column, dome lamp cover in leather, AB roof liner in leather, instrument surround in leather, DAD (gear lever/handbrake alum), and PCCB's. That should just about cover it, and no I did not leave out CD changer (its useless to me), prefer to have the extra room in the trunk. IMO.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:47 PM
brownie61
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also look into satellite radio. Someone posted recently that he ordered it as a factory option. I had it installed at the dealer and run through the PCM.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:59 PM
texas911
Race Car

Red seatbelts.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:59 PM
texas911
Race Car

Is the Sat Radio really available?
Old 02-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Gemballa1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sport shift - fantastic value and a little yellow contrast stitching is always nice inside to remind you spoiled your self with the PCCBs.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the great advice! I did forget to mention I'm getting Carrara white with black interior. I have a real thing for white cars and I think it looks especially good on the 997 T. (almost as good as the white GT3)

I also forgot the CD player will play MP3's so will skip the cd changer. I've never seen illuminated door sills but, if they're not too expensive, they sound nice.

I'll pick and choose leather options and appreciate the advice- never thought about the piece around the shifter.

I had supple leather on a previous Porsche and didn't realize it didn't hold up well since I only had the car 2 years. I did notice older Porsches on RPM sportcars, for example looked really worn out with the supple leather seats. I thought it was the car then realized all the supple seats looked like that. Thanks for reminding me.

Mixed feelings on the short shifter. It was notchy on my 997. I'd rather have smooth and a little long than short and notchy.

Thanks again for sharing. Now the hard part...waiting
Old 02-22-2007, 03:37 AM
atomic80
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

The sportshifter much improved on the 997TT. I absolutely love mine.

I also have the illuminated door sill on mine.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Jason- I want your wheels! Wish they were a factory option; best looking wheels on the turbo, imho. Thanks for the pics and I'll probably go ahead with the sport shifter too. Nobody has complained about it being notchy so maybe it was just mine. Thanks again.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:00 AM
gradyex
Racer

Very nice Jason. I like Natural Grey interior with Cobalt Blue. Very classy. Your new exhaust should be nice and broken in by now? Carcam, supple leather belongs in a Limo, not a sports car Good advice! I like things nice and tight. Cheers.

Quick Reply: Must have Turbo options